Hi all!
Today while I was trying to make my breakfast and keep the TV off (new rule of excellence for today), we called Pa and Gammy to entertain Jeremy for a bit. On a side note, why does sausage take so long to cook???? For some reason when I'm pregnant I'm always in need of sausage in the morning. It should be done as soon as it gets brown, but NOOOOOOOOO it stays red in the middle for the longest time!
OK, back to Jeremy. The doctor asked me at his appointment last Friday how much of his speech was understandable. My obvious response to that question was "Almost all of it". Then she asked how much was understandable to people other than myself. Hmmmmmmmmmm....
On the phone this morning, Gammy asked Jeremy what he was going to do today. Jeremy said "Keen Up" (at least it sounds exactly like this to me). Gammy says, "You're making cupcakes today? What color are they?" I just smiled and said nothing.
After we got off the phone with Gammy we called Pa. Pa was talking to Jeremy and Jeremy starts telling Pa about Gammy. To which Pa responds "Jeremy's truck?". Hmmmm..... I just smiled and said nothing.
On the ride to McDonalds today we went past a park. Jeremy started saying, "don de side" to which I reply "No honey, we're not going to the park - we're going to McDonalds". Libby (riding in the car with us) says, "Did he ask you to 'turn right here'?"
How much of Jeremy's speech do you think is understandable?
3 comments:
Oh, Laurina, I knew Jeremy said "clean up" it was perfectly annunciated. I just didn't want him to do such yucky stuff so I thought I'd plant a more fun idea in his head. Now aren't green cupcakes better than cleaning up? :O I love you!
OBVIOUSLY no-one around you speaks to two-year olds all day long! I knew exactly what he meant! Now the question becomes, if we got Jeremy and Miriam and Catherine together, would they understand each other? Interesting. We must try this soon.
i think we can understand what he is saying in the video's...love the video's...i think he speaks well for a two yr old...he is maybe speaking in abbv's sometimes...haha...love always, aunt shell
Post a Comment