Hello all!
You know you should never compare your children to other children, right? And yet we all do. I was super-impressed by my friend Kim's girls the other day when she posted a video of her singing "If you're happy and you know it" to them - in SPANISH. And they were clapping and shouting "Hooray!" as if they actually understood what she was saying.
I was thinking that I need to work with Jeremy since he is only two months younger than the girls (yes, I said girls...she has two and still has time to sing in spanish) and he knows one line to three different songs. Here they are in no particular order:
"Head, shoulders, knees" - (yes, there is purposely no toes here. He doesn't sing that part)
"I like to move it, move it" - (Off of "Madagascar" the movie. He only says it once though)
"Clean up, Clean up, everybody share" - (Well, we have MOST of the words to this song)
Anyway, he surprised me today. We were in Target and I hand him some wrapping paper I had found on clearance. I suggested that he "row" his stroller with it and proceeded to sing "Row, Row, Row your boat". I really don't sing the song often at all and had no clue he knew it. I sang the first line of the song and stopped to look at the Valentine's clearance stuff and Jeremy sings "Gently down the streaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam". I about fell on the floor! YES! We're off to the honors classes now!
Purposely no pics today because I'm very tired and don't feel like finding the camera....
Tomorrow's post will be about Jeremy's best friend...
5 comments:
Laurina,
You shouldn't have a post about me. I thought this blog site was suppose to be about Jeremy. And yes I do know that Jeremy is a genius. I love you guys. Love Pa(Jeremy's best friend)
Jeremy does learn things so fast..better watch everything you say:) You know, children do say the darnest things, so only say good things in front of him, especially how great all of his GRANDPARENTS are:) Loved your story, and hopefully Jeremy will sing for me soon.
Love, Maw-maw
Ok, I want to set the record straight! I heard Jeremy singing in Spanish last Saturday in his bedroom. Mrs. Libby can back up this story as he was singing a song she taught him. I was very impressed that my grandson is learning a 2nd language at 2 years old. He reminds me of his moma and daddy!! So intelligent and willing to learn and help out.
Hahahaha! Mom, you are right! I forgot Jeremy does know two words in Spanish. Let me point out he was not singing a "song" in Spanish. He was using a Spanish word. The song goes:
Go Jeremy!
It's your birthday!
Shake your nalgas!
(The equivalent of "Shake your buns")
we want more blogs! we want more blogs!
I mean come on... I thought you were the family of excellence. ;)
We are all expecting a great video!
Post a Comment