OK the real blog...
Can I say that I think there is a biological reason you get more selfish when you get pregnant? Seriously...think about it. Your body gets protective of itself and you become more selfish. You talk about yourself and what's happening more often. So I'm claiming that as the reason why there are more stories about me, and less about Jeremy here lately. Deal with it... (Oh yeah, you also get more snippy).Besides, this post is kind of about Jeremy. Most of you guys know I am a 'coupon queen'. This means that I clip coupons. I am not so great about keeping up with clipping, but good at keeping up with grocery deals. I have even gotten a few friends into it.
A few things about shopping with coupons:
1) You have to shop differently. It is not worth your time to clip coupons and shop at Walmart. You don't save enough money to warrant doing all that work. You have to shop somewhere like Harris Teeter (my personal fave) or Lowe's Foods.
2) You have to shop sales. You cannot save money if you go into the store with a list of what you need each week. You have to get it while it's on sale, and get a lot of it then. You simply cannot pay $3.49 for a box of Nutrigrain bars when they go on sale and you have a coupon they come out to $1. Buy alot of them then.
3) You have to be organized. Don't even think about putting all of your coupons into an envelope and walking into a store. Especially if you have a 1 or 2-year-old.
4) It takes longer, but I think the savings are worth it.
Examples of good deals this week at Harris Teeter with coupons:
Kellogg's frosted flake gold cereal: 60 cents with coupon and sale - Our HT was out and I forgot a raincheck!!!! DOH!
New York Texas Toast Style Croutons - 14 cents with coupon and sale - I didn't get this because we're still eating our free ones from the last triples
Wolf Chili - 25 cents with sale and coupon - this stuff isn't too bad, but not great. For 25 cent a can, good deal
Kellogg's Poptarts - 50 cent a box - Normally 2.29 a box - Great deal!
Kellogg's Nutrigrain Bars - 1 dollar a box - Normally 3.49 a box - great deal!
Dole Peaches in a Jar - 90 cents - Normally 2.79 a jar
Pillsbury Cake Mix (Funfetti) - 89 cents for 2 (normally 3.38 for 2)
Peperidge Farm Cheesy Bread (frozen in the loaves) - 1.40 with sale and coupon (normally 2.75)
Hot Pockets/Lean Pockets - 1.00 a box with sale and coupon (normally $3)
Daisy Sour Cream - 19 cents with sale and coupon (normally 1.49)Pork Chops and Birdseye Corn on the Cob were also Buy One Get One Free (BOGO) so we got some of those even though we didn't have a coupon, and turkey burgers were 30% off so we got some of those too.
I think if you compared prices, I do much better at HT with coupons than I would at Walmart bargain shopping. Alright, enough about coupons.
Yesterday was a good day. These pictures are fun. They make it easier to get past days like today.
Here are my two favorite men watching the neighbor kid ride his motorcycle.
Here we are trying to get a family photo. This is my favorite picture of Jeremy in the bunch (we took like 7 pictures).
This could be one of my favorite all time pics of Daddy. This was after I kept saying, "Daddy, you keep floating to the back of the picture" (see above). He's so funny. That's why I love him.
5 comments:
My favorite is the last family picture of Doug! Now that's a GREAT picture. Thanks for all the FUN you bring to our family.
I look at those pictures and I can only think" What a lucky boy, What blessed parents". Love Pa
I love that picture of Germs it is so him. And the last picture of Doug reminds me of something that Jason would do. I guess being a ham runs in the family!
Oooooooooooooh, GROSS! I just noticed the big crusty boogers on Jeremy's nose in these pictures. YUCK! Sorry, we have a cold and he absolutely hates it when his nose is raw from me cleaning it so often so occasionally I let it go. Does that make me a good mother, or a bad one??? :)
All of the pictures tell a story of a happy family. Always keep the humor...it makes life so much more fun!
Post a Comment