Monday, February 18, 2008

2-year-old fun

I do think I have been downing the 2's a lot lately, so here is a positive blog.

Twos are indeed very fun! It's like I'm living in some kind of dual world. When it's good, it's Fabulous! When it's bad, it's horrible. There is no in-between. Here is some fabulous highlights:


Jeremy 'helping':

Jeremy LOVES to help. He loves to help wash clothes by standing on his stool and throwing them into the washer. He also loves to see the bubbles in the bottom. Don't even think about turning on the washing machine without bringing his stool so he can help.

Here are some pics:


Jeremy precariously balanced over the washing machine (one day he will fall in).


Jeremy saying "Cheese!". Note to Gammy: I'm pretty sure that's ketchup and not a rash on his face. I promise it still doesn't look like that...

Today he helped at the grocery store. He was fabulous! This was a nice change. He rode IN THE CART the entire hour. When we got to the counter to checkout, I got brave. I asked him did he want to help me put the groceries on the counter. Dum, dah, dum, dum... This could have turned into a disaster, but Jeremy did GREAT! He thought he was a big boy! He was even talking to the cashier. "Yummy bananas!" "Stinky onions!" "Yogos! Yogos!" Of course Mommy was translating this all for our young male cashier. You know your kid's cute when even the young male cashier comments on it!


Jeremy knowing the routine:

He's starting to expect what's coming, and Whoa Mama you better not deviate from the norm. After we eat it's "Washa da hans?" After we wash hands he wants to "Washa da feet?". I think washing the feet after we eat comes from a book Grandma and Pa read with him. Something about kittens...

When we get in the carseat he says, "One buckle, two buckles!".

Today was the funniest. We were getting ready to lay down for a nap. I was reading "A fly went by" (our new favorite book) and in a sing-song voice Jeremy said, "Mooooooooommmmmy, Needs a cup!" The way he said it was just hillarious! It was like he was reminding me, Ummm, mom, we always have a cup of milk to drink before naps! He's growing so fast!

3 comments:

Perfect Aunt said...

See... I need to hear cute comments like this! This is why I need to see my nephew more!

grandpa said...

Jeremy is such a big helper. I know that he will be such a helper also with Daniel. Love Pa

Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw said...

Cute pictures, I believe Jeremy could sell some washers and dryers,
and some yummy bananas. As cute as he is, he could probably even sell the stinky onions:)!!
Love, Maw-maw