Wednesday, March 26, 2008

sleepy mom

I'm blogging again because Doug is still asleep and I am still awake. Stupid pregnancy insomnia. I feel like food is in my throat (I hate heartburn) and when I lay on my side it feels like there's a bruise there (probably from all that extra weight). Laying on my stomach is obviously out and laying on your back is out (see previous posts) so I'm stuck with sitting up in bed with four pillows. I somehow did not get the 'fall asleep anywhere in any position' gene that my dad has so I'm stuck trying to think of interesting stuff to google.

Speaking of "all that extra weight"....Can we just all agree that pregnancy expectations are unreasonable? I was reading a parenting magazine yesterday at the doctor and it talked about losing your baby weight. The first paragraph says something about how hard it is to get off baby weight after "carrying around an extra 30 pounds or so". HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is completely ridiculous. I have already passed this mark and I know you've noticed that the baby at the top of the page is not quite at 30 weeks yet. I feel barge-esque (new word for you) and it's getting harder to chase Jeremy around. Doug is a trooper, but I know it's got to irritate him that my new motto for Jeremy is "I WILL NOT CHASE YOU!". This means if he won't come to me to put on a diaper/underwear/clothes/go to the potty/eat dinner/whatever, then I have stopped caring. It's far too tiring to chase him. Clothes are probably our biggest issue. Thankfully summer is coming so it won't hurt him if he continues to walk around screaming "Naked Boy!". Honestly, it's probably easier for him to run around in his undies anyway. Getting him dressed in a process that requires multiple times of me bending over (not so good) and lots of squirming. All shoes for children under age 4 should be Velcro. Period.

On the positive side, Jeremy was born at 38 weeks. This is what I'm counting down to with Daniel. Everyone and their brother has told me I'm asking for trouble when I do this and I'm going to end up 3 weeks overdue. I don't really care. I'd rather think I have 9 weeks left to go over 11. Oh, and for some reason 9 weeks sounds a lot shorter than 2 months and 1 week so I'm sticking with 9 weeks.

Speaking of Daniel, either he's a big baby or he's got TONS of energy. At this point with Jeremy we had already seen him several times we knew he wasn't one of those huge babies. No complications thus far with Daniel (WOOHOO!) so we've only seen the one picture (well, two if you count the very first ultrasound where he wasn't even considered a 'fetus' yet). Whenever I sit down Daniel decides to do his aerobic workout. If I'm wearing a shirt that fits snug around my belly (think any shirt at this point), you can see my belly move from across the room. I'm going to video it soon and post it on the blog. Some will get a kick out of it and some will think it's totally gross.

A note to Lauren, by the way - I was reading a blog tonight and it was a tribute to her 5 year old son who was supposed to be a girl. Everything the woman got while she was pregnant was pink. Out popped a boy! You never know!

2 comments:

Perfect Aunt said...

Well I am going to be thinking boy, boy, boy for you! Let's just hope Daniel is not a Danielle or he might have some issues.

aunt shell said...

Wish it would be a little girl...but i'm sure it is going to be daniel...not joy...love always, aunt shell