Monday, March 10, 2008

God sent me a little angel

So when you first have a baby, people (especially your mother if her name is Lori Hare) keep asking you, "Isn't it just amazing? You can't imagine loving anything any more!"

Which is true. But as I am not quite as emotional or dramatic (both good qualities mind you - I just don't have them) I just didn't get it. Until today.

We were coming out of the grocery store and it was 11 o'clock. Why do they put fast food restaurants near grocery stores? I simply can't resist. I look at Jeremy and say, "Mommy's hungry!" Jeremy looks back with that 'I know what you're thinking' glimmer in his eye. "Hungry too!" Mommy: "You're hungry too?" Jeremy: "Chicken Nuggets!"

So we stop by Wendy's to pick up nuggets. Several minutes later I hear Jeremy say "Mommy hold it!" So I dutifully reach my arm back behind the seat to hold whatever it is he wants me to hold while he eats. I figure it's probably a sticky orange or something. He reaches out and grabs my hand.

Mommy (kind of annoyed): "Mommy cannot hold your hand and drive. Give me whatever you want me to hold and I'll put it up here"

Jeremy: "Mommy hold hand."

Mommy is overwhelmed with cuteness. My two-year-old wants to hold my hand. How could I resist. But oh, it gets cuter.

Jeremy: "Dear God"

Mommy (almost in tears): "Jeremy, you're right! We forgot the blessing!"

Yup. God sent me an angel. And yup mom. I can't imagine loving anything any more.

I'll post some good pics of my angel later if I can find the cord to the camera...

5 comments:

grandpa said...

Laurina,
That's exactly how I felt. I didn't think there's was anything on this earth as great as you guys. I can't tell you how much love I you and how proud I am. And then came grandchildren. Love Pa

Gammy said...

My sweet Laurina,
I can't ever imagine loving anything more than you! God blessed my life with you and I thank Him always (Phil 1:3). I can't wait to hold Jeremy's little hand on Saturday. We're excited! Mom

Perfect Aunt said...

That is the cutest story! I said awww out loud, even when I was by myself.

audrey said...

that is the sweetest story i have ever heard, jeremy is definitely a little angel

Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw said...

Jeremy was doing what he has been taught. I give you and Doug alot of praise for that. That was a sweet EMOTIONAL story:)
Love you all, Maw-maw