Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Highs and Lows

Seriously, having a two-year-old has to be the most interesting time of your life. The action never stops.

Some highs for today (super-cute moments):
We were in Daniel's room (one of my favorite spots to hang out because I can sit in the new comfy-chair) today and Jeremy found his old pacifiers. He starting singing, "Bring back, Bring back, oh bring back my pacci's to me, to me!". I thought this was hillariously funny.
On another funny note, I was going to the bathroom today. Look for a future blog about the joys of going to a public restroom with a 2-year-old. Anyway, this was thankfully at our house. Jeremy walks into the bathroom (thanks son for the privacy) and proclaims, "Poopies Mommy! Good Job! Candies!" and then walks out of the bathroom.
Lastly, I just put Jeremy down for his nap. For some reason he gets up and starts screaming his head off. He has done this several days lately and I usually end up going back in there, rocking for a little bit and then he goes down no problem. Well, today I decided I was not going back in because I didn't want to make this a habit. To make a long story short, he was crying so loud I thought he was hurt (stuck in between the bedrail or something) so I go in and he is in a pile at the door on top of 3 (yes 3) blankies with 5 books surrounding him. So of course it's adorable that he wants to read more books so I give in and go to rock him. He IMMEDIATELY stops crying, looks and me and says, "Fish song please". How can you resist??

To balance this out, 3 gross moments:
Last night between 5:30 and 6:30 we went through 3 pair of underwear. I told Doug I had "had it up to here" with potty training. At 6:30 he went in a diaper.
Today when we went to the gym, I was trying to sign Jeremy out of "child-watch" and I turned around and he had picked up a water bottle from lost and found with a straw in it and was drinking it. GROSS!!!! A gym water bottle. EWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also today, while we were pooping in the potty (only a partial victory because half of it made it into his pants), after we wiped, Jeremy (who is so fast now Mommy can't keep up) reached into the potty to touch his poop. Once again EWWWWWWWWWWWW and GROSSSSSS!!!!!!

Alright that's it for today because combined Jeremy and I ate 18 cookies after lunch and I'm feeling a little sick. I won't tell you how many Jeremy ate and then maybe you won't think I have absolutely no self control.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love it. I'm glad to read your accounts of two-dom and realize I'm not the only one going, "Really? That's what this is about?" It's amazing how seriously cute and adorable our children can be and at the same time how super crazy they can make us! You rock.

audrey said...

love the poopies story, those are always the best, as for the water bottle, jeremy is just building up his immune system. we love hearing the stories.

aunt shell said...

so u know that slice and bake cookies r the best in the whole wide world...and brownies yummy to our tummy...but i dont need them like daniel does...love always, aunt shell