Thursday, March 13, 2008

Jeremy and Daniel

I've been trying to get Jeremy used to the idea of a new baby. We're in week 27 now (I can tell because my feet hurt all the time) and Jeremy was born at exactly 38 weeks. So if Daniel arrives on the same time table (which I know he probably won't), we have around 10 weeks to prepare Jeremy. I been trying to take out a few baby things each week. Jeremy really likes the swing and the exersaucer. I actually let him get in the exersaucer (the thing is built so not even a 5-year-old could break it) but he knows the swing, crib, and bouncy seat are off limits!



I have daydreams about going into Daniels room one day and Jeremy being in the crib with him throwing him around like he does his baby dolls. Maybe I should call those daymares...



I introduced him to bottles when Daddy was in Illinois. I actually let him drink out of one (I know, Grandma just fell on the floor when she read that Jeremy actually 'took' a bottle). Now you might think this is a horrible idea, but in my mind it made perfect sense. Jeremy never really took a bottle. It was a nightmare trying to give him one. Daddy had many posts about this back in August of 2006 if you would like to refresh. So I figure if Daniel is ever going to attempt to have a bottle (which he will), it is best to introduce Jeremy to it now. Undoubtedly Jeremy will one day take the bottle out of Daniel's mouth and have a taste. If we went ahead and did it now, he would know it's not all that interesting....






3 comments:

Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw said...

I am sure Jeremy will want to help with Daniel. I know a lot of sibblings have picked up their baby brother thinking they were helping. I remember Amy getting a call from school that they were waiting on her to pick up Jordon..she had forgotten school was dismissing early. She was feeding Carson, she laid him down and ran to get her shoes. Next thing she knew Hunter was coming through the hall with Carson dangling from his arms, saying Mama I help you!
SO BEWARE OF BIG BROTHERS!
Love, Maw-maw

audrey said...

wow! i can't believe jeremy is actually taking a bottle. it's a little too late jeremy. oh if only.......

Kimberly said...

Holy Cow! I think we are living exactly the same lives, just a few hundred miles away. Except I'm not pregnant. But my children are obsessed with the bottles they refused for an entire year. I actually had to hide them so Miriam and Catherine would stop with the craziness. Were we separated at birth? I guess that would mean my mom had triplets. hmmmm....