Thursday, July 27, 2006

The ROOT of all evil

I'm proposing that everyone that reads this site boycott sweet potatoes - I know I will! Things had been going GREAT with solid foods. So great you would have never thought there was even a problem. Tonight I fed him sweet potatoes for the first time since we started back. Not thirty minutes after he fell asleep he started SCREAMING. I mean, shrill, loud screams. How can a mean old vegatable do that to a sweet little boy?!?!?!?!

Mommy picked him up and eventually he quieted down. Then as I was rocking him back to sleep (against the rules I know but he was in pain!) he looked so pitiful. His eyelashes were wet from tears and he was just laying there so limp with his eyes open. He doesn't do that anymore! Nowadays if he is awake he is moving all around. It was so sad to see him laying against my chest. Well, he's back down now, but I anticipate it being a sad, sad night...

I say, BURN ALL THE SWEET POTATOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say, we will not try sweet potatoes again for a long, long time!

2 comments:

audrey said...

i will not eat those mean old vegestables again. as i said before they are commonly called the poot root. i hope jeremy's belly calms down. there is nothing more painful than stomach pain. see you tomorrow.

Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw said...

Maw-Maw had to revise the sweet potato song!
Yukey, Yukey, Yukey,
MEAN OLD SWEET POTATOES!
They make Jeremy's tummy,
Achy, Achy, Achy,
Mommy, Mommy, Mommy,
BURN'EM, BURN'EM, BURN'EM,
No more sweet potatoes on my shirt,
no more sweet potatoes in my hair,
no more sweet potatoes in my high chair,
Daddy, Daddy, Daddy,
BAN'EM, BAN'EM, BAN'EM,
MEAN OLD SWEET POTATOES,
Not at Maw-maw's house,
NO! NO! NO!
We don't like'em,
we don't love'em,
don't give us anymore of'em!!!!!!!!