Monday, June 12, 2006

Salute to Daddy

Because Father's Day is coming up (and because he made me a delicious breakfast this morning), I'm saluting my husband this morning! Doug is an absolutely fabulous father, and really, you should all give him kudos (actually, I think he prefers fudge rounds). I'm listing below my top five new daddy moments:

5 - Daddy Drama
On one of the first few nights home from the hospital, Doug very graciously volunteered to get Jeremy up and change his diaper before I fed him. I was laying in bed when I heard a loud, "OH MY GOD!". I jumped up to see what was wrong and walked into a confused looking Doug, just staring at me. The next words out of his mouth were, "He POOPED on me!". Doug was looking at me oh so cluelessly as if to say, "What am I supposed to do?". Mommy swooped in to the rescue, but I don't believe I will ever Forget that moment. Since this first inititation, Doug has been peed on several times (no poop I don't think), but he has it totally under control one. That first one's a doozy!

4 - Silly Singer
One of Jeremy's favorite past times is listening to us sing. A couple of months after birth, Doug would sing for Jeremy, but no one could be around. Mommy caught him in the act with the video camera singing for Jeremy and all Daddy could say was, "That's messed up!". Now we sing so much, I don't think Daddy even realizes anyone else is in the room, much less cares!

3 - Chip off the Old Block
I love how Doug loves to have a son. Before we knew Jeremy would be a boy, we both said either a boy or girl would be great. After the first ultrasound, Doug was sooooooooo happy when he found out we were having a boy. It's really great how Doug will beam when Jeremy's dressed in a Daddy's little boy outfit or how he insists we not use the pink pacifier holder! I'm sure if we eventually have a daughter she will be just as special, but there's just something about Daddy's and their boys...

2 - Doing the "Daddy"s
When Jeremy was first born, Doug would "Do the Daddy's" with Jeremy. This consists mostly of Doug moving Jeremy's fist around in the air while chanting, "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy" as if Jeremy were rooting for Daddy in a basketball game or something. Then, just for the fun of it, in a more subdued tone, he would do "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy" - clearly not as fun as Daddy. This thought always makes me laugh....


1 - Strolling down memory lane
Before Jeremy was born I would BEG Doug to go on walks with me. If he went, most of the time he did not enjoy it. Now that Jeremy is here, Doug loves to go on walks! When he's off work, he takes Jeremy on at least three walks a day. I think it's special "guy time". How adorable is that?

Three Cheers for a Great Dad!

HIP HIP HORAY! HIP HIP HORAY! HIP HIP HORAY!

2 comments:

Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw said...

These are great pictures!!! Love the picture of Doug and Jeremy in the hospital, you can see the glow on Doug's face of how proud he is to be a daddy. Jeremy looks so much like Doug when he was a baby on the picture of them sitting in the chair. Supermom has done a SUPER JOB! Three cheers for Daddy..Hip Hip Hooray! Hip Hip Hooray! Hip Hip Hooray!

Doug Sigmon said...

Your making daddy blush..... I do appreciate all the kind words, your the best!