Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Nature Lover

So first, I'm sure everyone wants to know about sleep. Last night Jeremy did good again, only getting up three times (twice to eat). Not sleeping through the night yet, but we have faith! Nap times during the day are a little tougher. He usually cries for at least ten minutes before going to sleep, and then wakes up in less than an hour. He hasn't figured out how to put himself back to sleep during the day.

Right now he's in the first five minutes of a "cry-it-out" fest. Hopefully he'll fall asleep soon (as will Supermom).

We went on an hour long walk today and had a fabulous time. Luckily I took my camera with me because something really cool happened. We walked by a small lake and I stopped and turned Jeremy towards the water to look at it. All of a sudden three canadian geese started swimming toward us, got out of the water, and walked up to us! Not kidding, they were within three feet of the stroller.

So we walked a little bit further and there were more ducks waiting for us. There was one that was completely white, one that looked like a male mallard, and one that looked very mottled all over. They were within two feet of the stroller, and I think they would have let me touch them, but I did not want them to freak out and it to scare Jeremy, so I just took lots of pictures.

When we went to leave, some of them tried to follow us!

Jeremy looked at them the whole time. Can't say whether he actually liked it or not, but we'll pretend he did.

It was a really cool walk! On Friday we'll bring bread to feed them!

We also went to Petsmart today to look at fish aquarium stuff. Yes, I'm talking about the fish aquarium we bought ALMOST TWO YEARS AGO! It's still sitting empty in Jeremy's room. I heard it has a calming effect on babies so I'm filling it up (this is news to Doug as I have not told him yet). It's only about $35 to get started, so much less than I had thought for a filter and water conditioner. I was assured by the young man at Petsmart this was all I needed.

Once we get fish (probably after we get back from the beach next week), I'll post their pictures online and we can vote on names! What fun that will be!

Well, I'm off for a much deserved nap. Too bad Jeremy has to eat in 30 minutes!

3 comments:

grandpa said...

I love seeing Jeremy outside. Did Jeremy make any quack quack sounds?It won't be long before Jeremy will be chasing the ducks. Hoping for a good night!!!!!
Love Grandpa

Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw said...

Supermom, Thanks for taking us on that cool nature walk with you and Jeremy! We know how exciting that must have been for you...we know you and Jeremy will be taking that walk many more times! Watch out Doug, you will have ducks in your yard one day when you get home from work, and Jeremy will say, "Daddy can I keep'em'??!!!
Love, Maw-maw & Paw-paw

aunt shell said...

You know i would have loved to go on your nature walk (haha) too hot hot outside for me...Well we are headed to hot Texas tomorrow for family vacation...I do wish you guys were going on family vc with us...But we know you will have fun at the beach eating some ice cream...choc i hope my favorite...miss you and can't wait to see you soon...love always, aunt shell