Normally when I give Jeremy his bottle, we go into his room. We shut the door, I get one or two toys out (I know, I know its hard to believe dad only gives him one or two toys...) and we sit in his rocker, he drinks till he gets tired of milk and then I put him in the floor. He plays for a little bit and then will turn around and look at me like "hey, isn't there some more milk in that bottle?". So I pick him back up and he drinks some more. During these breaks I usually set the milk on top of his toy box. Yesterday he started a neat little habit. I would set him in the floor and he would play with whatever is down there for a minute. Then he would slowly turn and look up at me, slowly turn and look at the milk on the toy box, and then slowly back to me again. He had this expectant look on his face kind that said "Okay dad, since I know you aren't the brightest man in the world, I'll spell it out for you. I want you to pick me up, get that bottle and then give it to me. You got that dad?" I thought it was so funny!
Here are some pics of Jeremy "behind bars".

1 comment:
Your description of this moment is so good, its almost like we see it happening. Its great you write down little stories like this....we enjoy them so much and you will be so glad you did to help you refresh your memory later.
Post a Comment