I am feeling much better. The only thing I still can't do is get up in the middle of the night to move Jeremy from his crib to his carseat (oh darn, really upset about that one!). It just requires too much bending of the back so Daddy is going to do it for another couple of days just to be sure :)
We had a GREAT time in New Bern! We love that town and the people in it so much. We stayed with our friends Frankie and Jennifer one night and Amy and Brad the next. Jeremy really really loved the interaction with all the children. One night we had 7 children under the age of 3 at the house! Doug and I decided that we need to buy Jeremy some new interactive toys because he had a ball playing with everything at Caleb and Joel's! The only thing he acts interested in here is highlighters, the cell phone, and pulling up on the furniture! Sorry we didn't get any pictures while we were down there. We were too busy having fun.
We decided New Bern helps us be better parents because you get to see so many other good parents. In Raleigh we are so focused on our school work sometimes we just don't spend as much time with Jeremy as we should so that really helped out a lot. And I feel a lot less stressed! I'm not sure why as I have the same amount to do (ALOT!), but I'm OK with just being the best that I can be.
I know I've shared this with some of you, but I'm having a really good time doing the couponing thing too! I went to a workshop with the lady who was very helpful and I've been doing very good on our grocery bills. Today I bought some bagel bites for 19 cents! I've also gotten a couple more things for free, or close to free! Can't beat that! Jeremy is actually so good in the grocery stores that it is a pleasurable experience going around looking for good deals!
One very cute picture of Jeremy with a mohawk today.
Another picture showing how we had to put a baby gate up because Jeremy has become a better crawler (still not great, but getting around slowly).
Another picture showing Jeremy bundled up for a nightly walk (don't know what we're going to do when it gets colder than this! We already have him all layered up!)
A final picture showing Jeremy's favorite way to sleep. This is NOT posed. He's like this probably 80-90% of the time I go in to check on him. Just like his cousin Hunter!
2 comments:
you guys do not have to go to new bern to be better parents. you two are already great at it. glad you had a good time. the pics were great esp. the one of him all bundled up. we are saving coupons for you. love you guys
grandma
Glad you guys had such a great time visiting friends in New Bern.
Children are such a blessing and add so much joy to our lives! We are so lucky that all of our grandchildren have such GREAT PARENTS!!!!
Thanks for the update and the cute pictures!
Love.... Maw-maw and Paw-paw
Post a Comment