Thursday, August 24, 2006

Fun with Dr. Foor!

Hello all!

Mommy is back today. We went to the doctor at 10am and I'm sure everyone wants to know the stats.
Jeremy is 27 3/4 inches tall (85th percentile) and his weight is 18.13 pounds (75th percentile). We thought surely his weight would be more than that. We talked to Dr. Foor about what he is eating and believe it or not, he should be eating MORE!!!!! I know none of you believe that...but that is what he said. More milk and more food!
Ewwwwww, gross - I just had to pull Jeremy's bandaid out of his mouth. Yuck! Speaking of bandaids, 3 shots today. Hopefully no fever tonight!

I think Doug and I are going to have to talk about supplementing with formula, which I'm not too terribly happy about, but honestly, the Doc says he needs to be drinking milk twice more a day! I can barely rush home from classes to get in four feedings!

I really wonder sometimes about these doctors....
First, he said we could not spoil Jeremy before he was six months old and we all know what happened there.
Now, apparently magically because he's 6 months old the doc said put him in his crib at night, say, "night night - see you in the morning" and don't go in there until the morning.
What happened between 5 months 28 days and 6 months that is so flippin' monumental?
Doc said Jeremy is supposed to find his own pappy at night. Interesting....we'll see how that works tonight. Something else he said that I got a kick out of - put a bottle of water in the bed so if he wants a drink he can get it at night.
When we walked in, in the morning - the WHOLE BED WOULD BE SOAKED!

Dr. Foor was also very impressed by how mobile he is. He was grabbing at EVERYTHING! Dr. Foor just kept laughing and laughing. He said, "Wowzers! You've got your hands full!" We could have told him that!!!!
He seems to think Jeremy is now ahead of schedule on the crawling/walking track. He said "By 9 months they should be crawling, but he'll go WAY before that and by 12 they should be walking, but he'll go way before that too - I guarantee".

We'll see what happens though... :)

no pics today b/c blogger won't load them...bol

2 comments:

Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw said...

what a great report! Sounds like Jeremy was quite active today at Dr. Foors, I heard he had fun tearing up the paper covering on the exam table, and he was trying to grab at Dr. Foor, maybe he was trying to give Dr. Foor an exam!! I hope he sleeps good tonight..and doesn't have a fever. Give him some hugs and kisses for us.
Love,
Maw-maw

aunt shell said...

you know how doctor's are...wonder if dr mcdade is the same since he opened his practice...haha...well i hope he does sleep well 2ngt...love always, aunt shell