Saturday, February 28, 2009

Why I'm a Supermom

Lately I've been thinking about changing my posting name because when I go to post comments on other blogs it lists me as 'Supermom'. I'm not trying to be offensive, just hoping to be exactly that, a super mom. Well, after last night there will be no changing of the screenname.

Supermom's can vomit from 9pm to 2am and then manage to muster up enough energy to drag themselves out of the bed to nurse their babies at 4am. Then when their husbands get sick the next day, they can manage to care for their child on only one piece of cheese and one piece of deli turkey.

While we're discussing vomitting, can I say that the rules of physics clearly don't apply? I mean, we all learned about the conservation of mass - Matter can neither be created or destroyed. Why then can I puke up every single bit of food in my stomach, then drink a tiny sip of water, and puke up at least 6 more cups?

Your assignment for the day:
Say thank you to your mom. For all the times you puked all night and still got up to take care of me, thanks mom! And if you haven't had children yet, you can still go ahead and thank your mom for using that amazing mother's intuition and taking your three-year-old on the weekend that you (and your spouse) will be sick. It could happen to you... Thanks again, mom!

3 comments:

Reminisce said...

Doug says I left out the part where you get to clean up your own puke at 2am. Don't ask why I wasn't puking in the toilet. That wasn't so pretty either...

Dani In NC said...

You deserve the title of Supermom because I wouldn't be able to do that. When I get sick, ABM handles the kids on his own. I do have to clean up my own puke, though; ABM has a weak stomach :-).

Gammy said...

You are a SUPERMOM to me and to Jeremy! Last night at Monkey Joes he bumped face first into another child and as he cried in my lap he said "I need..." and cried some more. I knew he wanted to say Mommy and I knew that's what he really needed at that moment. I held him close and got his sippy cup. :) Next thing you know he was up and running again.

We've really enjoyed him this weekend. He has grown up so much since his last visit. It was especially awesome to hold him as he participated in his first Communion. Before we went up he said to my friend Rebecca "I'm excited about my bread!" It was a priceless moment that I will always treasure. Thank you for bringing him up in a Christian home and dedicating his life to Christ! You're planting great seeds and he couldn't have better parents whether you have the word "super" in your title or not!