I got home from taking the boys to story-time at the library. Jeremy was watching Open Season in the van so I asked him if he would like to watch the rest of it. He said yes. I've done this before. Sometimes when we get back from the grocery store I leave him in the van to watch movies while I unpack the groceries. It makes a more pleasant experience for all involved. I have at least one other friend that does it too, because the last time I was doing it I was on the phone with her and she said, "I thought I was the only one who did that!".
Well, needless to say this time it didn't go as planned. I decided, "Well, I'll just have some mommy time and read a few blogs". I swear I wasn't inside for more than 10 minutes. Is that too long? I went out to check on Jeremy and he was SCREAMING at the top of his lungs trying to get out of his carseat. DOH!
So I rushed over to him and picked him up. I kept asking him what was wrong. I finally get this, "Mommy, you went inside without me!". Huh?
I think the movie somehow went off (not sure what happened) and he just got freaked out. So I feel like a terrible mom and to make it up to him we sat on Mommy and Daddy's bed and played on pbskids.org . It's a good website and very educational. We went to the "Word World" homepage and he got to practice his letters.
Anyway, there will be no more movies in the car. Maybe.
What do you think? Would you let your kid watch a movie in the car without you?

This picture is from a better mothering moment when I let Jeremy play with 'moldable soap' he had gotten for his birthday. I probably should have read the directions before dropping it in the tub. I was thinking it was like playdoh. It basically got all slimy and dissolved turning the bathtub green. Gross! I was worried about having to clean the tub but thankfully it didn't stain anything.
On a side note, our new dishwasher came on Monday so I might have more time to blog now that I'm not spending a hour washing dishes a day!
***Note: This blog has been edited.
I have taken out part of this blog because both my hubby and mom said I should. They both think the end result might be someone getting fired. I think the chances of this happening are about .0001% but because I would feel terrible if he got fired, I'm taking it down... I feel sure that (store name removed) would not be searching the internet and looking at Mommy blogs with their particular store name, then figure out where I live, then figure out who 'helped' me - but I guess you never know.
Oh yeah, I had to take down two comments too because they had (store name removed) in them. Sorry :(
2 comments:
So glad everything turned out ok in the van. While reading it, I thought, OH NO, Jeremy rolled the van into the house. Children alone in a vehicle is never good.
Several years ago,
a mother left her infant in the car
at Lyle Creek Elementary (where Tasha teaches) to go in and pick up her other child from school, the car caught on fire and they could not save the infant. And I have heard many stories of kids getting under the steering wheel and rolling the car into something. I am definitely not for leaving children in a car alone.
I loved your valentine blog, it was so sweet. The pictures were adorable, and I love all of you.
Maw-maw
Oh just wait till my little one comes along. I promise I'll post any stupid ideas I come up with to make you feel better. haha I think as long as he was still strapped in, car turned off, the car doors open, etc it's fine. My little sister used to fall asleep on the way home from the grocery store, so my mom would unload groceries (with all doors open) :) while she finished her nap.
Like I said, just wait a few months, and I'm sure you won't be the only one on our street with stories like this! If it makes you feel any better, we didn't hear him. haha
Post a Comment