Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Test Tube Baby











I bet you guys are super glad to not have to see "Vomitastic" when you get to the blog. I know, it's gross. I was tempted to put another gross story on there today but I'll spare you the details. I'll just say that it involved poop...................


Do you remember "test tube babies"? What a bizzare name. I remember this being huge when they first started in vitro fertilization. I thought to myself, what a way to scar a child! Call him a "test tube baby". Well, Daniel is going to be a "tube baby". We're getting tubes in the ears next Monday hopefully. I really really hope this fixes everything. Daniel has had fluid in his ears since November 8, and it's never went away! He has some hearing loss because of it (they don't think it's permanent, they'll check after the surgery). Can you imagine having a head cold for 3 months?


He's on some antibiotic in case he gets another ear infection before the surgery and he HATES the taste of it. Poor baby! I can't wait to get my happy little tyke back.


Jeremy is doing good with learning letters. We're going slowly so we don't get confused. We've done "Sneaky A", "Sloppy B", and today we're starting "Silly C". We did a cookie for A, a brownie for B, and today we're doing a giant rice krispy treat in the shape of a C. If you can think of anything else to make letters out of, let me know because we're running out of ideas around here! Maybe Jello? Anyway, post a comment!

5 comments:

Perfect Aunt said...

Awww poor little Daniel. I hope everything goes well with his surgery. We will be thinking about him. I was thinking that maybe when you get to E, you might be able to start with a rectangle cake and then cut out the spaces to make the E.

Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw said...

We are praying Daniel will be better soon.
Learning the alphabet sure sounds yummy:) For D, maybe you can shape a doughnut and doughnut starts with the letter D. You can make it from scratch or just use a canned biscuit, and glaze it. Removing the can biscuit from the refrigerator for 20 min. or so, will make it pliable to shape, then fry it and add some glaze. You can make glaze from powdered sugar and water. If that doesn't work, the doughnut will surely make an O, but also cheerios will make an 0. Such a fun way for Jeremy to learn:)
Love, Maw-maw

Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw said...

I am posting for Auntie Amy as she's talking to me. She said
Chuck has made them some yummy apple pies out of canned biscuits.
He rolls the can biscuit out, and puts apple pie filling in them, fold the biscuit over and seal with a fork, this would also make the letter D. Fry it, and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
If you do this, just call us for an apple dumpling party:)

Kimberly said...

Hey Laurina,

In an attempt to provide some learning to my kids, I found this site:

http://www.everythingpreschool.com/themes/index.htm

It looks pretty neato and has lots of stuff on it. I think I'm going to try a few things here and there to keep my kids from getting too bored.

Other than that, we have a lot of books with letters (A to Z by Sandra Boynton, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, Dr. Suess' Alphabet book for starters).

Also, every once in a while, when I remember that I'm supposed to be educating my kids, not just cleaning up after them, we'll get out the doodle pro and play, "What's this letter? (or shape)" Or play a letter matching game.

This makes it sound like I'm all into educating my kids and stuff when really, it's not well thought out (It'd probably be a good thing if I spent as much time thinking about teaching them letters as I do about what's for every meal!). You are doing a great job!

audrey said...

you could try making something out of chocolate covered peanuts. the chocolate almond bark at walmart, yes your favorite store and a can of peanuts. melt the chocolate in the microwave and pour over peanuts. i am not too creative though. we will be thinking of you guys in the morning and will say a special prayer for a very special boy.