
What a Day!
My mom ordered a book for us called, "Don't Make Me Count to Three!". It's supposed to be about Christ-centered discipline. I've gotten through 2.5 chapters. It has it's inspiring moments. My favorite so far:
"Moms, we need to be reminded of the awesome responsibility that God has given us. When we respond to the high calling of motherhood with passion, the rewards are far greater than any we could ever gain outside of that calling. The joys of motherhood are rare and beautiful treasures that can be easily missed if we don't seize the opportunity to grab them." (p.21)
Alright, reading over that just now isn't as impactful as it was earlier today.
Sometimes you have great 'mom' days. You feel like you did a good job. You bonded with your children. You taught them some life lessons. Other days (such as today), you're snappy and ready to chuck your toddler across the room for otherwise normal offenses (such as getting into battles as to which bathing suit he will wear when you take him swimming). Today I saw that happening and tried to change my 'tude' (as my mom would say when I was growing up), but it just wouldn't change.
Anyway, back to the point. My favorite part of that phrase is when we respond to the high calling with passion. When I am passionate about my job as mother and make the day fun, I have TONS of fun as a mom. The days when I lack passion it seems like a struggle to get through without losing my cool. I have to figure out some way to jolt some passion into those passion-less days. Working on it. I'll let you know if I find the miracle solution. If you have the miracle solution you should leave a comment. Or maybe even call me so I'll get the solution more quickly.
Haven't decided whether I would recommend this book to other mom's yet. Some parts seem kind of 'out there' but I'm gleaning what I can from it :)
So Daniel has a new quirk. He likes to suck on his pacifier upside-down. It's funny. He'll twirl it around in his mouth until he gets it just like he likes it. Here's some pics for you:


2 comments:
Fantastic pictures. You're such a good mom. I'm so proud! Pa
Ummm...I don't remember you ever having a "tude". You are WONDERFUL!
Post a Comment