Monday, January 05, 2009

Mount Holly Days

Alright, I think this should be the last of the Christmas pictures. 'Mount Holly Days' (get it - Holidays, Holly Days???) is where they shut down Main Street in our quaint little town and give carriage rides for two bucks to benefit a local charity. There is also a live nativity, singing, hand bells, and general good will towards men (and women, and small children). Anyway, Jeremy loved the horses. It was actually a pretty nice ride. They ride you up and down Main Street and behind it where all the houses have luminaries set out. Jeremy was the most fascinated by the Chick-Fil-A Cow. Interestingly enough, it was the only over commercialized thing out there. Every thing else was small, local business stuff and very likable. I can't think of many towns where I'd let my child take cookies (unwrapped - think Pillsbury slice and bake) from people with tables set up on the side of the street - but Mount Holly is an exception.
The first picture is of local hero and volunteer firefighter Johnson (dad to Lily and Josh who are referred to often on the blog). He let Jeremy and Lily get in the firetruck which was super cool. The next two pictures are of the sleigh ride. It was way to cold for Daniel to be up in the sleigh so Daddy took the boring duty of waiting with Daniel in the van. :)

1 comment:

Gammy said...

The pic of the kids on Johnson's fire truck is priceless. Lily is just full of pride for her daddy and Jeremy is just thinking this is cool beans stuff... not only am I in a firetruck but I'm beside my #1 girl while I'm up here. :)

Thanks, Johnson, for all you and your family do for the Sigmon's!!!!!!! We appreciate you!!!!!!!