Friday, September 19, 2008

Mama Drama

Hey!



I know you're looking for beach pictures and I will post them...soon.



But today two things happened that I just couldn't believe so I had to blog about them. First we went to our second MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) meeting this year. I dropped Jeremy off in the 2/3 year old room. He was doing great. I came back because I forgot to put his nametag on him and he was on the floor crying and holding his arm. I looked down and there were BITE MARKS! Big, red teeth marks and a little skin break. It took me all of two seconds to look down and discern what had happened. I pointed it out to the teachers in the room and they said, "Oh yeah, his mom said he was a biter". I was a little taken aback when it seemed that they weren't going to say anything to the biter. Granted, many children were checking in and they had their hands full, but honestly - biting my child is not acceptable! I took Jeremy out of the room and he sat in on the meeting for a while but it became obvious that he was not going to be able to sit there quietly. I had to take him back into the room. I directed him to play on the OTHER side of the room (away from the biter). His feelings were obviously hurt but not as much as mine. He was fine by the end of the class, but me on the other hand....

I went home and called Doug and was contemplating not going back. I still haven't made a decision on this.


Here are the marks to prove this wasn't just a little bite. A HUGE one! And this was more than 3 hours later!



I don't blame the mom (although Doug made a good point that if we knew our child was a biter that we would not put him in any kind of temporary childcare until we got it taken care of). I know some kids are biters and it's hard to deal with. But honestly something needs to be done the moment it happens! Poor Jeremy!


Next, we went out to dinner. I had gotten a gift certificate to a local Japanese restaurant for a Mother's Day gift and since I was REALLY pregnant then and we had the baby it was the first opportunity we had to spend it. The meal was OK, but Jeremy loved the show. We got ready to pay and they told us the gift certificate had expired. I was livid. It was only 4 months from the time we got it. Oooooh, that burns me up. So this 'free' meal became a 74 dollar one (the money we lost from the gift certificate and what we had to pay for the meal). ARGHHHH!!


From this post you would think we had a horrible day! But in fact it was actually pretty good. Jeremy went all day with no accidents (WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!) and he actually told me he had to go twice! Both times we were out which is awesome because this had previously been a problem because he gets so excited and distracted when we're away from home. Yea big candy!




No comments: