
Today we're going to play a new game called "How Much Does this Toy Cost"?
We went to ToysRUs today to get a new toy. Jeremy got a very nice motorized Percy the Train from the Thomas the Train set as a gift. It's pretty cool. It goes around the track all by itself. It is no more than 3 inches long and maybe an inch and a half tall. It also has the annoying habit though of squealing. I'm sure it's not SUPPOSED to do this, but for some reason every once in a while it starts squealing really really really loudly.
So we went to get a new motorized car so we can hopefully retire Percy. I about fell over when I got to the register to pay for it. I'm including a picture so you can see it. The new rule is Jeremy will only get motorized trains for Christmas. It's too expensive for an everyday gift!
PS - Pa and Grandma are not allowed to guess because you of course already know how expensive it is!
5 comments:
If it's Thomas, $4,000.
Just kidding. But maybe it's like $35? I think that's not enough. I've never actually priced out Thomas stuff because I've heard the stories of the sticker shock...........
i am sure it was on sale at toys r us or we wouldn't have spent that much on a thomas train
For motorized, I'm thinking $48.
it takes batteries so it can't be that much, i think the reason it squeals so loudly is that someone used to hold it down really hard and try to make the wheels go backwards. i think someone was too young to get the train but now he is the right age.
It isn't about how much the train cost. I remember when it was bought and the first one broke. Grandma was obcessed with getting another one. We stopped at a Toys R Us on the way home from Charlotte(note that I had to work that night and I slept in the car while she went in)and they didn't have the train. Then we drove to Durham to try to find it. She was on a mission and wouldn't stop till she found it. Well, she found it and the next time we saw Thomas he was out of gas(battery removed). Now Jeremy seems to be enjoying it again. I hope the next one whistles. Love Pa
Post a Comment