Saturday, September 06, 2008

Daniel's New Trick

Maybe the title should be Daniel's New TrickS (see the emphasis on the "s"?). First, Daniel slept from 9:30 last night to almost 6 this morning. WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!





The second trick is pretty old actually. He's been holding his head up for a while, but this was the first time I filmed it. We'll call it mini-pushups.





I also decided to post a lot of pics of him because I couldn't decide which was cuter. Maybe you can vote on it.


"Hehehehe. I'm so sneaky."

"Oooooooooh! Are you going to feed me?"


"I know I'm cute. You don't have to tell me."

Finally, my friend Kim has posted an interesting problem on her blog that I'd like to get your opinion on. Her girls (which are a couple of months older than Jeremy) sit through an hour and ten minute church service with her. She needs to find ways to keep them quieter. I would love to get ideas on this for weddings/funerals/other quiet times that we also have to go through. They don't do a nursery so that's not an option. Comments, comments, anyone?

5 comments:

Gammy said...

My favorite is hehehehe, it kinda shows one of his dimples. I LOVE it!!!

For Kim's dilemna-we have a Church library and I'd always say "Elizabeth, if you're quiet and behave during worship, we'll go by the library and you can check out a video to watch this afternoon or a book." Unfortunately, she doesn't have an identical twin so there were no distractions. I did hear on a Christian radio program last week that you shouldn't reward your children for obeying so I'll throw that bit of info in from an expert. Just remember the words of Jesus that only if we become like children can we enter the kingdom and just praise His Holy name. I wonder if there were any twins in the crowd that day when Jesus was teaching this lesson? ;) Blessings to you, Kim

audrey said...

i think i like the middle pic the best although all of them are adorable and cute for different reasons. i have no ideas on the quiet thing. i will tell you that a lady came in the beauty salon the other day with 5 young children starting at the age of 2. they were all so quiet noone in the back knew they were there. they had to have used drugs. that is not normal, although the 2 year old was asleep. so i say drugs. i know that many times after church i had to sit at the table quiet for the same amount of time the minister talked because i guess i wasn't quiet enough during the sermon.

Aunt Krissy said...

im very fond of the first one.. i cant put my finger on exactly why... i cant wait to meet little Daniel.

About the church thing, my church used to have little coloring activities and different puzzles on pages for kids to work on during the service.. it was a learning experience and it kept me quiet while we would sit in church. She could try bringing a coloring book or toy to keep them a little quieter, although everyone knows when there are children in a church the noise level is always a little higher

grandpa said...

I love this post. Daniel is so cute. I can't wait to see him and get that drool all over me. Love Pa

Dani In NC said...

I wish I could help but you know me -- I skipped out on such things until the kids were old enough to sit fairly still.