Sunday, April 20, 2008

Look at me Now!





So here are some before and after pictures. The befores are pictures that were taken on a class field trip with my mammalogy class in grad school a little over a year and a half ago. The afters were taken on our last zoo trip (last Monday). We put Jeremy on the same statues remembering that we had these pics. You can see how much he's grown!


On a different note, Jeremy has always liked to 'help' around here, and recently he's actually gotten helpful! We were in Harris Teeter and I REALLY had to go to the bathroom (Argh, pregnancy - can't even go grocery shopping without having to go to the bathroom). So we charged off to the bathroom (buggy half full). Of course AFTER I went to the bathroom I realized there is no toilet paper. I asked Jeremy to walk to the other stall and get Mommy some. He ACTUALLY DOES IT! He comes back with - I'm not kidding you - one fourth of a sheet of toilet paper. I tell him, no - Mommy needs more toilet paper. Jeremy get LOTS of toilet paper. So he goes into the other stall, and rolls out enough toilet paper to get to my stall (he doesn't tear it). I'm sure this was very wasteful, but I was VERY proud of my little man at that particular moment. Looking back, I can't believe I actually asked him to do this. I can't imagine all the horrible scenarios that could have ensued. Sticking out hands in public toilets. Clogging the other toilet with TP. Running out of the bathroom into Harris Teeter while Mommy is stuck on the toilet. Ugh! But even more unbelievable is the fact that he actually did what I asked him to. Amazing!

2 comments:

Gammy said...

Jeremy is such a helpful, hard worker. He always helps around here and finds so much pleasure in doing so. We are hoping he wants to work for the business real soon! We need a lot of help for this summer. ;)

audrey said...

of course he did what you asked, you guys are doing such a good job raising him. and he is a very good boy, well for sure when he gets 100% attention