Monday, May 21, 2007

A Quandry....

Hello!

So a question for you...

If a child seems to always refer to one particular thing with a certain name (let's just say he calls bananas "nana"), but he also calls all other food that, does he know the name of a banana is "nana", or not? Today I realize that Jeremy was wanting milk and was looking at the milk going "nana, nana". So now I'm starting to doubt that he clearly connects the word "nana" with banana. EVEN THOUGH he looks at bananas all the time (even when he doesn't want one) and says "nana".

What do you guys think?

Also, another question for Paw-Paw or great Papa (but I doubt he can figure out how to comment) - are you supposed to stake bell peppers????

I might post pics of the garden later. It's so beautiful!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Nana said...

First off, Jeremy is a genius and of course he knows all his foods. Nana is what he calls gammy and he's just associating me with food since we eat so much of the time. ;)

I love you, baby!

Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw said...

Paw-paw says NO, he does not stake bell peppers.
Since Jeremy can say nana, I think it is an easy word to say, and he did learn to say it from hearing you say bannana. He knows what you are talking about when you say milk, just can't say it yet, and likes to chatter. If he's like his Daddy he will chatter ALOT!:)
Love, Maw-maw

audrey said...

so who knows who i will be when i sign in this time. of course jeremy knows what a nana is and he knows that milk goes on his cereal with nanas, he also knows that his nana will give him a nana if he just points and smiles.
love grandma