Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Waiting for Daniel

Hi everyone!


After a wonderful hospital visit on Monday, we're anxiously awaiting Daniel's arrival. The doctors say anytime so we're hoping sooner rather than later. We really thought we were going to have a baby on Monday when we got to the hospital and they were timing the contractions at 3 minutes apart and I was 1 cm dialated. But I think they want to put it off for a little longer so I got two IV bags (I didn't feel dehyrated, but oh well) and it spaced out the contractions a bit and made them kind of irregular.


Gammy is now freaked out every time I call. The first words out of my mouth every call should now be "I am OK. I am not in labor." Here are some questions NOT to ask if I call you/you call me.


1. Are you having contractions?

The answer is yes. It will not change between now and the baby being born. I'll let you know if they stop. I doubt they will.


2. How far apart are the contractions?

The answer is I don't know. If I'm not supposed to come in until the contractions really hurt or my water breaks, then I see absolutely no need to time them.


3. How big is the baby?

I don't know. They didn't do an ultrasound. They say the baby is mature enough, not sure how big though.


4. Is the baby still moving/OK?

If not I assure you I will be at the doctor's office. Not on the phone.


5. How much weight have you gained?

More than enough.


6. When do you think Daniel will be here?

Yesterday. Doug says next Tuesday is a full moon.


Just helpful advice for when you call a very pregnant/tired/grumpy lady :)


Remember that I love you all, and I promise to be my happy self after I get this baby out of me. (Love you too Daniel)


A smile from Jeremy so you know this blog was all good-natured fun.



3 comments:

grandpa said...

I don't think I asked over 50% of those questions, but maybe I did. I can't wait for grandson#2. Love Pa

Gammy said...

Hey precious, I don't think I've asked but 2 of the "not to ask" questions, so that only puts me at 33%. Not to make you feel bad, Grandpa.

I can't wait to meet Daniel, too, and to see Jeremy with him is going to be such a blessing! But, I'm not calling again today and ask any questions. ;)

Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw said...

Laurina, I was just getting ready to call you, but decided to check the blog first. Glad I did, some of those questions look kinda familar.....but that blog was yesterday mmmmmmmm....you might need to update those answers:) Our family has a lot of birthdays in May, but next Tuesday is open without any, Amy's will be on Thursday, May 22nd. Daddy Bill turned 89 May 5th, Mama Ilene turned 85 on the 13th. Besides them we have 4 more birthdays this month, and Daniel's will be .....SOON!
Love ya...Maw-maw