Thursday, May 08, 2008

"Snakey, you going to sleep?"

I was trying to think of something creative to blog about today. I'd love to tell a cute story or have a cute picture, but I'm fresh out. I think being so much bigger than I normally am (don't even ask how much weight I've gained - it's more than you think) makes me grumpy all the time. Oh yeah, my feet and hands swelled up last night like giant marshmallows so the nurse this morning said no salt at all. Seriously. Go look in your pantry. Everything has salt. I think she just wants me to drink water because EVERYTHING has salt. Well, not spaghetti (with no sauce or cheese). So that is what I had for lunch. Do not tell a pregnant woman she can't eat something she wants to eat. That leads to bad days.

Apparently my grumpiness is blocking the cute things Jeremy has done over the past few days out of my head because I KNOW he has done cute things, I just can't remember them.

Let's see...after I put him down for his nap today I heard him through the baby monitor saying, "Snakey, you going to sleep?" Snakey is a beanie baby that he sleeps with.

After I bonked my head in the laundry room this morning (curse the laundry - I had all the 'colors' done yesterday and this morning there was another half a load) I said, "OW OW OW!" I wasn't expecting a response from Jeremy (who was helping me by pushing the wet clothes into the dryer) but he leaned over and gave my knee a kiss. That was sweet. Not quite a sweet though as the other day when I was taking him down to the creek and I fell going down the very steep hill taking him with me (he was holding my hand) - see previous post. Immediately after both of us falling he looks up at me and says, "Mommy, you OK?".

Alright, that's all I've got sweet for today. Going to fold *more* clothes...

2 comments:

Perfect Aunt said...

awww Jeremy is too sweet. I wish I had more students like him...

Gammy said...

Mommy, please, please be careful. Wait until Doug gets home for Jeremy to go visit the creek. You don't need to be walking up or down that hill. I love you, Moma