Friday, May 16, 2008

Uh huh...

As a mom I know you know this trick:



Child: "Hey mom, Look at this!"



Mom (while NOT looking): "That's great honey!"



or



Child: "Can I do ____________?"



Mom (not having understood or caring): "Uh huh."



We've had a couple of rounds of this lately that have led me to believe I should start paying more attention.



Yesterday Jeremy and I were playing on "Mommy and Daddy's bed" (one of his favorite places to play). I had my eyes closed trying to catch a little rest while he was jumping or playing with his motorcycle or something (I'm not entirely sure). I heard him say, "Mommy, I get in all by myself". I replied "Uh huh" without opening my eyes. When I opened my eyes, Jeremy had climbed into Daniel's bassinet (weight limit - 17 pounds) so I of course flipped out. Hmmm, perhaps I should have been paying better attention.



Today Jeremy was riding his "Diego" ride-on toy around the house. It's pretty small but Jeremy loves riding it around. He said, "Mommy, I go outside with Diego". I said, "Uh huh" without really thinking about it. Diego stays inside and is ridden up and down our hallways. By the time I actually paid attention to what was going on, stinker had opened up the door to the garage and was RIDING DIEGO DOWN THE STAIRS. Yipes! At least he didn't get hurt. Note to self: Pay more attention!

1 comment:

audrey said...

those are such mom things to say. i think i do that to pa a lot. esp. when he tells me to look at something on TV that has to do with biking. maybe i should say that sound like a woman thing to say. hope you are doing well. i sure hope i can come soon