Monday, December 21, 2009

More Christmas Fun!

Christmas time is so much fun!

I told Doug that blogging at Christmas would be a breeze if you had a spare second from all the cool stuff you do. It's not 'hmmmm, what should I blog about?', it's more like 'hmmmm, what do I leave out?'.

We've had a fabulous weekend. Christmas with a 3-year-old (quick to tell you he's almost 4) is so much fun. There is lots of pretend play having to do with manger scenes and biblical characters. Even more questions about Santa. Apparently you get to answer the 'How many days until Christmas Eve' question a million times. We made a paper chain so he can tear off a link a day and count how many days are left. This has been a huge hit. It's getting pretty short!













Another favorite is hot chocolate. We don't own the movie 'Polar Express' but he must have watched it a million times at his Gammy's house because he walks around singing the hot chocolate song ALL THE TIME!! He pretends he's the conductor and says "Mommy, you be the girl that lets her hot chocolate cool!". You have to have seen the movie to get that one...

















Here are some pics of hot chocolate and roasted marshmallows (a Freeman tradition from growing up). Daddy's traditions always include peanut butter so here is his gross snack (crackers on the bottom, peanut butter in the middle and marshmallows on top). Daniel thought the marshmallows were great until they got on his hand. Then he had a total flip out moment when they wouldn't come off. It was still cute.























We also worked on our Christmas craft this year. It was a fun year for crafts because it's the first year that Jeremy's actually been able to help. We made a bunch, so if you're lucky, you'll get one! Jeremy's very proud of them so you should know he'll be handing them out and expects you to treasure it as much as he does ;)

5 comments:

grandpa said...

looks like so much fun, i used to do the chain with the kids and hang it on the door, they loved it, the homeade christmas decorations look really cool too. i miss having young ones around christmas time.
granma posting under grandpa

Dani In NC said...

You were born to be a mom! This kind of stuff would drive me nuts :-). I enjoy my kids so much more now that they are almost teenagers.

Hailey @ Me and My Boys said...

I can't wait till Noah's old enough to do this stuff! SO much fun! Ok, well, I don't mind waiting... I like him being little enough to still carry him around (barely). :)

grandpa said...

I love Jeremy's smile in the first picture. I can't wait for Christmas either. Is it tommorrow? Love Pa

Perfect Aunt said...

I am sooo glad that I get to see you guys on Saturday for Christmas! I can't wait!!