My favorite moments so far:
Jeremy singing "Happy Birthday to you" to Daniel this morning with the (stuffed) advent wreath on his head.
Daniel bringing me the Santa hat to put on his head (repeatedly after he keeps pulling it off).
Jeremy telling me his version of the "Christmas story" in which God is getting married to Mary and they ride a sheep to Bethlehem.
Jeremy yelling "It's CHRISTMAS! It's CHRISTMAS!" repeatedly while Daddy puts up the tree.
Jeremy asking Daddy to turn on the Christmas tree at 6:45 this morning.
Daniel with his Santa hat on sitting on my lap and using my belly as a pillow.
Daniel loving the kids manger scene as much as Jeremy did. His favorite is baby Jesus and the manger. This is actually causing some issues. I promised Jeremy I would buy Daniel his own manger scene soon and then they wouldn't have to share.
Daddy telling me "The Living Room looks great" after we finally got all the empty boxes hidden in Allie's room (WARNING: Don't go in there until January...).
Jeremy loving the ornaments so much that he takes them off and walks around the house with them. This morning he went up to his favorite ornament (some angels that sing) and said, "Good morning angels! Would you like a waffle for breakfast?".
Jeremy requesting to take a manger scene piece to bed with him. He picked Joseph and the shepherd. I walked into his room after he was asleep and he's holding Joseph in his left hand and the shepherd is about 1cm away from his face. I wanted to take a picture but I was afraid I'd wake him up...
This is all in less than 24 hours. I'm sure the excitement will die down eventually, but until then I'm savoring every minute. Including some pics of our decorating fun!
Jeremy putting up our stocking holders. I wonder if he's sending some kind of message to Daniel?
Daniel loves his hat!
Daddy doing his duty (The Christmas tree)!

Jeremy was SOOOO excited pulling everything out of the boxes. He likes the strangest things - Christmas plates and a candle extinquisher were his faves.

Note to Pa and Grandma: Daniel only has his 'Pacee' in because he had just fallen off a chair and gotten a good whack on the head while Daddy was working on the tree and Mommy was on the phone...
5 comments:
Love it! I'm interested, what was you favorite part of the decorating? I must say mine is putting the huge, tacky stockings up on the wall....
it looks as though daniel changes day by day...i miss those boys...yes pa i took your saying...the pictures were great...and didn't grandma muriel get you guys those big stockings...she would be so proud of you...i do hope you put out all of your catholic decorations also...and you told the boys which ornaments are their's from baby 1st christmas...you know i would cringe with each ornament that comes off the tree..love always, aunt shell
hahaha My favorite part is when Jeremy asked the angels if they wanted some waffles for breakfast. I laughed out loud when I read that. I can definitely picture that and if I had heard him I would have laughed for a long time!!! I LOVE Christmas, too. Plus, I don't know what you are talking about... candle extinguishers and plates are wayyy cool!!!
that was a great blog, wish we could have been there to see all that. i love this time of year
What a memorable day you describe to us:) You are so good at writing these blogs, I think you could write childrens' books! Words out of the mouth of little children is USUALLY so sweet:) Jeremy's part in this blog really shows that.
Post a Comment