I was stoked about the Mount Holly Parade. We went last year on a whim. I convinced Doug to go at the last minute and we had a blast. It was definately a small town parade, but they threw out candy, we saw Santa, and there were plenty of marching bands, dancers, and fire trucks!
So I got the date for this years parade. It was 'rain or shine' and the forecast was rainy. I knew Jeremy REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to go, so we left Daddy home with Daniel and Jeremy and I drove to the parade on that rainy, cold day. We parked about 6 tenths of a mile away. I wanted to make sure we weren't blocked in when it was time to go. So I carried the giant umbrella, a fold chair, and held my 3-year-olds hand as we crossed streets in downtown Mount Holly. Where was everyone??? We were the ONLY people out there. Scratch that. There were 3 teenagers walking around. I asked the teenagers to go ask the police man (sitting across the street in his car who had been watching us for 20 minutes) if the parade was cancelled. Guess what?!?! Apparently we're the ONLY idiots in Mount Holly that think 'rain or shine' actually means 'rain or shine'. When the teens told Jeremy the parade was cancelled his little bottom lip started quivering and I totally caved and promised him we would find another parade. So we found the Gastonia one. And it wasn't as good, but I'm sure it doesn't matter to him. The first picture is us waiting in Mount Holly for the parade. The next few are the Gastonia Parade.

3 comments:
so cary is going to have there christmas parade this sun...so i'm glad you got to see a parade...so maybe you can find out when they do that annual one at the christmas lights place...love always, aunt shell
I wish I had known you were going to the Gastonia parade. I would have told you to watch for M. She marched with the Hunter Huss High School band.
awww What a good mom!
Post a Comment