Monday, June 01, 2009

Happy Birthday Daniel!


I thought the first year with Jeremy went fast. Man, that was nothing compared to the first year with Daniel. I cannot believe my baby turned one today.

My pregnancy with Daniel was pretty tame compared to my pregnancy with Jeremy. He came out with the cord around his neck and gave us a little scare for a minute but let me tell you - it has been ALL GOOD since then.

He is the most good-natured kid!

And a Daddy's boy to boot! He cries if Doug comes home and doesn't pick him up immediately. Daddy is of course eating that up.

I love, love, love when he starts giggling. We have two of the most tickle-ish kids on the planet. Daddy can incapacitate either one of them with a finger to the neck. When I'm rubbing Daniel's back before bedtime sometimes he just starts to laugh as he drifts off to sleep. Speaking of sleep, I don't know many babies that will just let you rock them for a minute and then lay down in their cribs and quietly go to sleep. I think he would just go to sleep if we laid him straight down, but the rocking time is more for mommy than baby (I guess big boy now).

And the boy LOVES his brother. Wants to play with him all the time. This, of course, causes a few issues in the Sigmon household. Jeremy and I walked into Daniel's room this morning singing 'Happy Birthday' and he was just laughing and bouncing on his crib mattress. He smiled EVERY TIME 'Happy Birthday' got sung to him today.

Here's to the most awesome baby ever!

4 comments:

aunt shell said...

Happy Birthday Daniel Bo Baniel...Hope you have had a GREAT 1st Birthday...Love always, Aunt Shell & Uncle David B

Hailey @ Me and My Boys said...

Happy Birthday Daniel!! :)

Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw said...

Happy 1st Birthday Daniel,
There couldn't be a sweeter
one year old!!!
We love you,
Maw-maw & Paw-paw

Gammy said...

Daniel's temperment is just like yours as a baby. I'd walk in your room in the morning and you'd start jumping up and down, smiling, giggling and just LOVING life! I was blessed, too. ;)