Saturday, June 20, 2009

I knew it would turn out this way....

Quick side note, I'm pretty much out of new pics of the boys, you'll have to wait to Laurina comes home and starts blogging again to get more new pics and movies, now on to my not really kid centric rant....

There has been one thing that our family likes to eat and Laurina has wanted to plant in our garden but until this year we have not. I have been vehemently against planting this particular crop. When I was a kid, I used to have to pick it all the time in the summer. Five gallon bucket full after five gallon bucket full, in the hot summer weather, withs its furry sticky leaves sticking to my skin while gnats swarmed me. This most hated crop of mine? Green Beans! I hated picking them. The stringing, breaking, and washing wasn't much fun either, but at least it was in the air conditioning. Laurina finally talked me into planting them this year. "Don't worry", she said. "I'll pick them, and I'm even getting canning supplies", she said. Well Wednesday this week rolled around and it was time to pick those darned green beans and where was my wife and kids who were supposed to be picking them? Laying on the beach, while I picked the beans, in the rain no less! Then I had to break and string them!

I know, its a pretty sad rant, but you can complain about the little things when you have a wonderful wife, fantastic kids, and an awesome childhood.... Here's a picture of the 5 gallon bucket I half filled with green beans on Wednesday.

1 comment:

Gammy said...

Oh, Doug, those are the best lookin green beans I've ever seen. Great job! I cooked some of Papa's this week and they were delicious.