
daniel is trying to fall asleep with me holding him on the couch. we would call this a miracle in our house. normally it requires patting, jiggling, rocking, bouncing, walking or riding in a stroller to get the child to sleep. it's usually a 20 minute to an hour process. why doesn't God just hardwire babies to fall asleep when they're tired?
speaking of which, while shopping for a baby monitor yesterday, i found this. Doug and I both found this hillariously funny - and intriguing. I would almost buy it just to see how it works. Alright, if it were 20 bucks I would almost buy it. I cannot imagine that it works though, so if you've ever heard of anyone that uses it, let us know!
Sorry - back to miracles of sleep. Daniel now sleeps from about 11pm until 3:30am. That's pretty good. Then he usually gets up around 6:30 or 7am and goes back to sleep until 10am. We REALLY REALLY want to move his schedule so he's sleeping around 8pm and getting up around 7am. We keep trying but he refuses to fall asleep before 10:30-ish. I think this is what is giving me monster headaches. I've had one for going on three days now. Doug says I should go to the doctor, but I feel sure he'll tell me to get more sleep (sure doc...). Please don't comment back on how I should "sleep when the baby sleeps". I've heard it. It doesn't work so well. If you saw my house right now, you'd know why.
Jeremy is at Gammy's while Daddy is recovering from ankle surgery.
It makes this house pretty quiet (and boring says Daddy). Daddy is a champ and is following doctor's orders and staying in bed, but I predict it won't stay that way for long. He's already bored. Less than 24 hours after surgery, he said our bedroom felt like a cave. He very nicely changed our family picture on the blog in one of his bored moments. I like it. It was taken at the beach last weekend (blogs and pics to come).
It makes this house pretty quiet (and boring says Daddy). Daddy is a champ and is following doctor's orders and staying in bed, but I predict it won't stay that way for long. He's already bored. Less than 24 hours after surgery, he said our bedroom felt like a cave. He very nicely changed our family picture on the blog in one of his bored moments. I like it. It was taken at the beach last weekend (blogs and pics to come). One last video. This was taken on our trip home from the beach. Jeremy was SUPPOSED to be sleeping (yeah right). Doug and I LOVE this video because you can see Jeremy's imagination at work. He didn't know anyone was watching, I had the camera peaking around the headrest.
3 comments:
I love the video! It's nice and reassuring that my girls are normal and not totally psycho when they yell and talk to themselves. Let me know how that shifting schedule thing goes........from what I remember of trying to do the same thing with Miriam and Catherine, it didn't matter what I did.....they just shifted themselves over a period of months. I remember lying in bed thinking, "Please, just go to sleep! It's dark! It's quiet! It's time for sleeping!" And I'm not sure who actually came up with that "Sleep while the baby sleeps" thing. Whoever did probably had a nanny, maid, and cook.
That's one of my favorite videos ever!
Daniel and I have similar names and he is on my sleep schedule. Coincidence? :-)
Post a Comment