Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Fun at the Beach




We went to the beach this weekend and Jeremy LOVED it! He calls the ocean the "big pool". This morning he wanted to put his swimming trunks on. I had to break his heart and tell him we weren't at the beach anymore! Here are some pics from the beach. Daniel also went out on the beach but mostly slept through it all. I don't think we took one single picture of Daniel down there. Poor kid.




Funny stories from today:




I was nursing Daniel this morning while Jeremy was eating breakfast. Jeremy looks and me and says, "Mommy, Daniel is biting your belly". You probably figured out from this statement that Jeremy does not yet now correct anatomical terms for certain parts of the body. I said, "Yes, that's how Daniel drinks his milk!". Jeremy says, "Daniel want a pop-tart?". I said, "No, remember Daniel only drinks milk". Jeremy says, "Mommy's milk!". I say, "Yup, mommy's milk." Only a conversation one would have with a two-year-old.




Our neighbor up the street brought us chives last week. Doug cut some up in longer pieces to go on top of our rice and salmon tonight. Jeremy says, "Daddy, you putting grass on your plate?". Daddy says, "Yeah, like grass. These are called chives". Jeremy says, "I need some grass!".




:)

4 comments:

aunt shell said...

love the beach pic's...but 4 some reason it shows that the webpage was updated on tues...and i just saw it on sat...why?????? does it have this backlog time for us...oh well...i sure do wish we had seen daniel sleeping out at the beach like jeremybean did his 1st yr...love always, aunt shell

Perfect Aunt said...

you guys should have been at the beach with us! miss you all!

Dani In NC said...

It's cute now, but if Jeremy starts asking for grass 10 years from now we will need to have an intervention :-).

Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw said...

We are so glad you all spent a few days at the beach with us. It was so much fun to see Jeremy jumping in the big pool (beach) and cuddling Daniel:) Paw-paw got lots of pictures of Jeremy and Daniel.
Love, Maw-maw & Paw-paw