Saturday, August 02, 2008

Flip Flops and Sandy Shorts

As most of you know we made another trip to the beach last weekend. We (I) wanted to get in another action packed weekend before my ankle surgery. Needless to say we had a great time and a free place to stay (Thanks Pa!).

The first day we were down on the beach Jeremy was thoroughly excited. We went to a public access place in Emerald Isle and as we are going down the ramp Jeremy sees the water, stops in his tracks, grabs a fence picket in each hand, presses his face against them and says, "Oooooooohhh, its the OCEAN!" I got some really good pics of him supermom and Daniel:



The water at Emerald Isle wasn't quite as conducive to 2 year old play as it was when we went to North Myrtle, so we spent lots of time playing in the sand. We dug tons of tunnels. Here is a pic of one of our smaller tunnels and of Jeremy digging.

























As a matter of fact Jeremy and I did so much digging that it tired Daniel out just watching!
















When we did finally venture into the water, I held Jeremy and we moved out past the breakers. Of course you know Jeremy isn't the type for "just floating", so we had to add some action to our time in the water. Here is a pic of the new game we call "toddler tossing". It was completely safe (supermom and Pa will vouch for that!)



After a long day at the beach what better than some cold ice cream! Even if Daddy makes you eat it and ride at the same time (gotta burn those calories!)




Finally here's some good family pics of us.

4 comments:

Dani In NC said...

That picture of Jeremy being thrown in the air is cool! How did you get him so high?

Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw said...

So happy you had a great time at the beach. Just imagine....getting to go pretty much when you can and want to!!!
Thanks to Pa and Grandma. Jeremy and Daniel are gonna have lots of fun there!!!!! Hope you are doing okay back at work today.
Love you, Mom

Reminisce said...

Daniel looks more and more like Jeremy every day. I had to blink twice when looked at the picture of Daniel sleeping in the sling to make sure I was seeing correctly!

Reminisce said...

Daniel looks more and more like Jeremy every day. I had to blink twice when looked at the picture of Daniel sleeping in the sling to make sure I was seeing correctly!