Saturday, July 19, 2008

Blog-O-Rama

I don't get to/have time to blog much anymore. I really enjoyed blogging when Supermom and I were in grad school. I have so many good stories lately, that I decided I'm going to sit down and type out some of them, in the form of a "thumbs up, thumbs down" column.

Thumbs Up: Bed Time with Jeremy

Tonight when I put Jeremy to bed we read a book (his favorite right now "A Fly Went By") and sang some songs. He's sitting on my lap, head leaned back against my chest and looks up and says, "Daddy, can I go get the man and talk to you?" I have no clue what he's talking about but I say sure. Our neighbors gave us these little spacemen action figures. He goes and gets one and I ask if I can have a "man" to talk to him with. He says yes and gets me a man as well. He climbs back up on my lap and sits on one of my legs facing the other leg, where I have stood up my man. He takes his man, sets him up inches from mine and says "Hello man!" Of course mine talks back and we have a very disjointed conversation for the next couple of minutes and then I think it gets interesting. Here's the transcript (remember these are our play men talking to each other):

Jeremy: I like horseys
Daddy: Oh really, what's your favorite color horsey?
J: I like black horseys! Do you like black horseys, man?
D: I like black horseys too! Do you like any other animals?
J: I like all other animals! (this made mommy very proud)
D: Do you like dogs?
J: Yes!
D: Do you have any dogs?
J: No, I have a cat in the house!
D: You have a cat in your house?????
J: Yes!
D: What's your cat's name?
J: Meow meow, is his name.
D: Your cat's name is meow meow?
J: Yes!

It amazes me how much his imagination has grown lately. We were playing with "men" and apparently his man has a cat in his house and his name is meow meow. Maybe you didn't find that as interesting, but I thought it was pretty cool.

Thumbs Down: "Supposed" Bed Time with Daniel

Daniel sleeps most of the day and most of the night, but when Laurina and I are both exhausted between 8:30 and 9:00 (I know, I know its sad that we are in our twenties and we go to bed that early), Daniel is rarin' to go. Usually this involves much screaming, as a matter of fact I got up to check on Supermom and D last night and supermom was asleep on the couch with D wide awake on her chest just looking around like, "Hey I'm here, where's the party!"



Thumbs Up: Taking Jeremy to the beach

I never got to blog about how much fun I had with Jeremy at the beach the weekend before the fourth of July. The first day we got there at about 4pm. We went up to the room to eat dinner, but there was no way that child was going to eat. He only wanted to go "down da beach!" We took him down and there were some other kids who had obviously just got there and all of them were running up and down the beach screaming with delight. Jeremy, would run out to the "big water" (known to the rest of us as the ocean) and stand at the edge and stare at it coming in and hitting his feet. The next two days, the tide would go out and create tide pools (little pools of water in the sand) and also a very long channel of shallow water. We spent the entire time we were there playing in these pools and Jeremy absolutely loved it. I'm sure those of you who are parents remember times like this: Jeremy was so happy, that it made me happier than anything I could have experienced on my own. Those three days (Sat, Sun, Mon) are the first time I can remember Jeremy liking anything so much. He was such a good listener the entire time we were down there. Those three days are etched in my mind forever!

Thumbs down: The balloons at Carowinds
This is a ride Jeremy loves and daddy hates. I
can't stand this thing. Circle rides used to never bother me. I used to be scared of roller coasters, but now I think they are great! One of Jeremy's favorite rides is "the Balloons". It goes up in the air and then goes around in circles really fast. I have ridden it with him twice and both times, it's made me almost lose my lunch! I rode with him, Lily, and Josh (our neighbors) on Friday. (Big) Josh is telling me a story about volunteer fire fighting and this crazy contraption starts spinning around and I feel like I'm going to revisit my supper. Josh is still telling his story and all I can think is: "Don't throw up, don't throw up, don't throw up!" Pretty sad actually - done in by a kiddie ride at Carowinds.

Thumbs up: Sleeping Babies

It's been a while since I had a small baby fall asleep on me (over two years in fact). But Daniel did today. It's pretty cool to have your 7 week old son conked out, while you rock and stare at him!

Thumbs down: Potty training/Poopy diapers

So potty training isn't really progressing. If we take Jeremy to the potty, he goes. If we forget, he goes... in his pants! As for Daniel... I think the kid was born to poop. It's one thing he is way above average at! Of course I shouldn't complain, supermom changes 90% of the diapers anyway.

Thumbs up: The "football" carry/the sling

When Daniel is screaming, I hold him like a football. Lately its worked like a charm. It worked so well today, that Supermom came around the corner and looked at me. I said, "Do you need something?" She said, "No, I just wanted to know your trick!" The other thing that works every time is the sling. When supermom puts Daniel in it he quiets right down. That thing was definitely worth the money!

Okay enough babbling. Here's some super cute video of Jeremy singing a song and picture of both boys!




4 comments:

Reminisce said...

Thumbs Up:

My excellent husband! What he forgot to mention was he was cleaning up the couch when he found me knocked out on the couch.

Yes I know. He's the best. No, you can't have him. He's mine. Forever.

audrey said...

great stories, great pics and a great video. the story about the ride made me laugh, the one about daniel falling asleep on you made me go ahhh and so did the video. i love the itsy bitsy spider. we can't wait to see those boys and you guys

grandpa said...

I really enjoyed the pictures and blog. I would definitely give it a thumbs up. Love Pa

Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw said...

THUMBS UP DADDY
for being a great Daddy
and blogging these great stories!