Friday, January 25, 2008

Update: Operation N.A.P.

I think I fully deem Operation N.A.P. a success (or at least today I do). Jeremy and I read stories in the rocking chair. We then put Jeremy in bed. I told him, "Jeremy, it's time to take a nap. Stay in the bed." I shut the door. Five seconds later, he opened the door. I took him back to bed and said, "Stay in the bed". I shut the door to his room, ran and got the baby gate, and put it up and disappeared before he could open the door again. The wailing ensued, but surprising, in less than FIVE MINUTES it was quiet. Did you hear that??? Five minutes!!!!!

It's a miracle!

I know this doesn't seem like much to some of you because I have not blogged about it much, but we have been struggling with getting him to go down for naps since late December. Therefore, tonight I will reward myself with a backrub and footrub from Daddy :) Thanks Daddy for volunteering! :)

Note: Daddy doesn't know about this. He's probably reading this at work in the late afternoon and smiling. Sneaky me, huh?

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Pic of J sleeping (again today, I know). Sorry, this is a big moment for me.

1 comment:

Gammy said...

Pregnant women should receive back and foot rubs daily, multiple times! Love ya, Doug.