Friday, January 25, 2008

Swimming too!

Hello all!

Well, I just feel like I have a lot of stories to tell today! I would have lovely pics to post with this story, but it would be quiet difficult to get pics of Jeremy swimming unless I had a waterproof camera as I go by myself during the middle of the day when dad is at work.

Jeremy LOVES swimming. Yesterday I was bored. I looked at Jeremy and said, "Do you want to go swimming?"

Note: Jeremy's thought in his head must have been "What kind of question is that?"

Jeremy: "Swimming too? Swimming too?"

Mommy: "Yes, you can go swimming too!"

Jeremy (running around the house): "Swimming too! Swimming too! Swimming too!"

Mommy: "We have to get on your swimming clothes."

Jeremy (running wildly into his closet): "Swimming clothes! Swimming clothes! Swimming clothes!"

Jeremy (pointing to his shoes): "Water shoes! Water shoes! Water shoes!"

I couldn't get ready fast enough. He was by the door in no time. We went swimming and to get him out of the pool I had to bribe him with his favorite food, chicken nuggets.

As we were leaving the "Y" parking lot, Jeremy says, "Swimming gin?" (Swimming again).

Mommy: We just went swimming silly!

Jeremy: Swimming gin?

Mommy: We'll go later.

Jeremy: Next week? (Said just as clear as I've ever heard him saying anything!)

Mommy (busting out laughing): Yes, next week.

I'm not sure why this was hillariously funny to me. I've never heard him say "next week" before. He doesn't understand the word tomorrow, I doubt he understands next week. I suppose he's just heard me say it so much he has applied it.

I don't care who you are, that's funny.

2 comments:

Gammy said...

You and I took a swim class together at the Y when you were 3 years old. It was so fun and you were the BEST swimmer in the class. ;) I'm so glad Jeremy likes the water and is enjoying his time with mommy so much!

Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw said...

This is such a cute story. Laurina, You are a great storyteller, and Jeremy is so FUNNY:) Maw-maw

I don't care who you are that's funny. You know Paw-paw's famous words. "THAT IS RIGHT!"