Friday, January 18, 2008

Story time at the library!

Hello all!

Yes, it is 6:30 in the morning. My back has been feeling all funky (again) so I'm up icing it before I go to work.

Today I'm going to write about one of Jeremy's favorite things to do during the week. We go to the library, and I made the mistake of getting there early this week! Bad idea! He kept running by the storytime room yelling, "Open, shut! Open, shut!". 'Open, shut them' is a song we learned in storytime that Jeremy loves! Some of you probably heard it over Christmas. On the positive side, he has all the librarians laughing because they can of course understand him and think it is adorably cute. We run around outside the storytime area for a while until the librarian comes out and says, "Who's ready for storytime?". At this time Jeremy starts jumping up and down screaming "OK, OK, OK!".

The most interesting part about story time though, is what happens once we go through those doors. Jeremy morphs into a totally different child! I'm not sure if it's because there are 15 other 1-year-olds in there with parents or what. Jeremy becomes shy and just wants to sit on Mommy's lap. The usual loud-mouth who likes to give all the answers in the 1-year-old nursery at church will not count, point to body parts, or do animal sounds. He sits on Mommy's lap and looks around the room in amazement. It's the weirdest thing!

Here's some pictures of Jeremy waving his streamer in storytime (where there is also dancing, bubble blowing, music, and marching). Sorry there are no good pics, I couldn't take the camera out for long because once I took it out it seemed every 1-year-old there was interested in it, instead of story time!

2 comments:

Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw said...

I bet Jeremy made the librarians job more enjoyable that day:) It is so good he gets to go to storytelling. I can remember when my children looked forward to the bookmobile coming. Are those days gone or do they still have a bookmobile???
I hope your back is feeling better.
Love, Maw-maw

Gammy said...

How precious! I love the streamers and it looks like so much fun for everyone. Thank you for being such a great mom. Jeremy and Daniel are very lucky to have you.