
7 years ago today at this very moment, I was probably getting my hair done or putting on my dress. I was smiling from ear to ear, excited about starting a life with my new husband.
The night before, however, I was crying into his chest (and that says a lot because I am not a crier..). It was pouring rain and my soon to be husband had just came out of my mom's room with a panicked look on his face. "I think I just saw your bridal portrait!" he said. I just lost it! I think all the stress finally snuck up on me and I just couldn't imagine walking to the back of the church in the pouring rain in a dress that my soon-to-be husband had already seen!
Doug took me in his arms, made me look at his face and said these words to me.
"Baby, even if everything else goes wrong tomorrow - I will FIND Keith Nanney (our pastor) and we WILL get married tomorrow! Nothing else matters, right?"

One of the reasons I love my husband so much - he's the voice of reason when I feel like things are spinning out of my control.
A couple of nights ago, Doug and I were reflecting about how we started dating. If you would've known either of us before we were 'us', no one would have taken a bet on us lasting more than a week - much less getting married! And yet we are perfect for each other. God has helped us get past our initial differences into perfect complements for each other.

Love you babe! Can't imagine a better way to spend the past 7 years of my life!
5 comments:
When I was writing your anniversary card I thought to myself...I need to send Doug a note and let him know I celebrate him being in our family each October 12th. What a blessed addition to our family. What an awesome husband for my first born. What a man of integrity for my grandsons to have for a daddy. What an awesome son-in-law. You're still my favorite. ;) Happy Anniversary Doug and Laurina!
I better clarify...Doug is my FAVORITE son-in-law! I don't want to cause another Internet misunderstanding...private joke. ;) love ya.
Happy Anniversary!
As someone who was around before you guys were "us" it's been awesome to see you guys together!
Yay for you!
PS. You do realize we were babies when we got married, right? Total young 'uns.
It's hard to believe it has been 7 years! I have such wonderful memories of that day. Laurina, you were a beautiful bride, and my baby boy looked very handsome:) the wedding and the reception were awesome!!! We have been blessed with a wonderful son, daughter-in-law, grandsons, and now a little granddaughter soon to be born. I know God does bring everyone in our lives together for a purpose. I am so thankful he brought Laurina to be a part of our family.
Happy Anniversary!!!!!!! 7 times
Love you all,
Mom
I hope you two enjoyed your anniversary! I had a lot of fun with the boys! It's always great seeing them! Although, Daniel maybe let me hold him a total of two minutes (and that was me trying 20 times altogether). I hope mom and Charles showed you the pictures we took because I must say that the ones I took are pretty awesome. I took most of the shots when they were digging for fossils! Daniel loved that part! Anyway, I hope we can do that again. Tell the boys their favorite aunt loves them!!
Post a Comment