Before Tuesday I'd say that 'we' were potty trained - with accidents. This means telling Jeremy every hour that he needs to go potty. Sometimes this meant dragging him to the potty. But he wouldn't really go in his pants as long as you asked him EVERY HOUR. You'd think this wouldn't be so difficult but there are about a million reasons why you can forget like:
You're cooking supper
A friend called
A friend came over
You're nursing your 2 month old
You're watching a movie
You're outside and you just forgot
On Tuesday he started trotting off to the potty all by himself! This is a happy day in our house! He also pulls down his pants and undies by himself. You don't even have to help him until he gets to the pulling up the pants or wiping part. Wooohooo! I am so excited about this. I smile from ear to ear everytime I hear him say "Mommy, you stay in the kitchen!". Apparently now that he can go by himself he doesn't want any of the rest of us around.
YOU GO BOY (but only on the toilet please)!
Here is a cute picture to celebrate.
3 comments:
Oh happy day!
Congratulations to you guys! Sometimes the girls like to voluntarily hit the bathroom and I love it when they do. Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to get em officially trained. Until then, we're doing the piecemeal method - if they seem drier than normal when we change diapers, off to the potty we go. Or if they're having naked time (more often than not) I hound them a little more frequently to go potty.
Good job for sticking with it. You are awesome.
Love the potty pic with the book! He is so much like his mommy. :)
Isn't it SO WORTH ALL THE TIME YOU SPENT when he finally goes all by himself. HIP HIP HOORAY FOR JEREMY!!! JUST THINK YOU ARE AN OFFICIAL POTTY TRAINER NOW, NEXT TIME IT WILL BE A BREEZE:) BUT BEWARE...of clogged toilets...they really like to use lots of toilet paper:)
Love you all, Maw-maw & Paw-paw
Post a Comment