Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Jeremy-ism


After it rained a few days ago we were outside. I smelled someone grilling something so I said, "Wow, that smells good! What's that smell Jeremy?". He said, "I smell grass! What do you smell Mommy?". I said, "I smell rain!".
Fast forward a couple of days.
So Jeremy LOVES to get into the shower with us. We of course let him since he never actually gets a bath. He needs to rinse all that dirt off sometime!

We were getting out of the shower the other day and the conversation went something like this:


Me: Are you all done?

Jeremy: Yeah

Me: Are you all clean?
Jeremy: Yeah

Me: Do you smell clean?

Jeremy: I smell grass. You smell rain.
I laughed so hard.
Here's a pic of Jeremy in the bathtub.
Daniel has just turned out to be the most chill baby. It's a good thing because I've got my hands full as it is. I was talking to Doug yesterday and here's how it goes:
If he's crying ask yourself these questions:
1. Is it time for him to eat?
2. Does he have on a dirty diaper?
3. Is he bored? (Talk to him and try to get him to smile)
4. Is he tired? (Rock him and hold him real close to you until he goes to sleep)
99% of the time if you go down this list of questions, he stops crying immediately. Now he does have his fussy times - but all babies do.
Now, you may be thinking, that is completely normal!
Maybe for you, but for us (whose last child screamed and screamed and screamed) it is such a surprise that we talk about it all the time!
Here's a cute pic of chill Daniel.

3 comments:

Perfect Aunt said...

I must say that I am very impressed with that amount of posts that I have seen up recently! I hadn't checked in about a week until today and I had plently of reading material! Thumbs up! Keep up the good work. I love all of the pictures, but I have to say that my favorite of the more recent ones is of Jeremy on the toilet reading. CLASSIC!

Gammy said...

My favorite is today's pic of Daniel. I love the smile :) Thanks for all the tips maybe I'll get to keep him all by myself one day. I like keeping Jeremy without his mom because he treats me like I'm you. I get lots and lots of attention!

Reminisce said...

I meant to put as a caption for the first picture:
"Just two boys, hangin' out in their undies!"