Man, I've been trying to post this blog for about a month now. I'm amazed at how different the personalities of Daniel and Jeremy (as a baby) are! The look almost identical to each other at times, but man are they different! This is probably a good thing. I wouldn't trade Jeremy for anything in this world, but BOY AS A BABY HE WAS TOUGH!
In my opinion (and Doug's), Daniel is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more laid back. For example, yesterday we went to the movies with Jeremy (The pirates who don't do anything - Jeremy liked it, but I don't recommend it - very boring). This would have been an absolute disaster with Jeremy from birth until about 1 and a half years old. Daniel slept and sat quietly through the entire thing. Another example, today Daniel was awake when I was supposed to be putting Jeremy down for a nap. I just took Daniel into J's room with me. I sat Daniel on my left leg, and Jeremy on my right and read two long books and sang a song in a rocking chair that was clearly not built for more than one person. It wasn't until I got up that I realized that I was pinching Daniel's leg between mine and the arm of the rocking chair. Daniel didn't make a peep the entire time. He sat their happily sucking on his pappy.
Ways Daniel and Jeremy are different:
Jeremy was a screamer. Daniel screams, but little in comparison.
Daniel will sit calmly in a swing or just lay on the floor for at least 30 minutes at a time. I don't recall Jeremy being calm ever.
Jeremy was a wizzer. Everytime that diaper came off, there was a good chance you were going to get peed on. Daniel has peed on me less than 4 times in 10 weeks.
Jeremy was a piranha when it came to eating. This led to mucho milk production. By the time Jeremy was 10 weeks old, I had enough extra milk saved up to feed an additional child. Daniel is much more relaxed. I compare him to a surfer dude eating. Suck, suck, relaaaaaaaaax, hang out, suck, suck. Less milk this time is much more comfy for me, but we only have 1.5 bottles in case I ever have to go anywhere - not that we've even tried yet.
Jeremy would sit in a poopy diaper forever and not cry. He was totally cool with it. Daniel does not like to be in a poopy diaper for more than 5 seconds. On a related note, Jeremy got diaper rash pretty badly (still does) and Daniel has yet to get it.
Daniel burps louder than his Daddy (that's loud!). I don't remember Jeremy's burps at all, so they must not have been all that loud.
Daniel poops ALL THE TIME. The nurse at the hospital said this would decrease. He still poops around 6 times a day - the minimum. Definately don't remember this with J.
And my number one - Everyone remembers Jeremy screaming the entire time we were in a car. Daniel doesn't mind the carseat too much. He actually sleeps in there.
Ways Daniel and Jeremy are the same:
Man, right before Daniel starts crying he gets the EXACT same "pout face" that Jeremy still gets. It's creepy.
They both have the same ADORABLE gummy smile.
They both prefer to sleep on their stomachs over their backs. We didn't let Jeremy sleep on his because the doctors scared us to death. We're a lot more relaxed with Daniel.
They both are incredibly light sleepers! Turn off the ignition in the vehicle and they will wake up. Lay them down after holding them while the fall asleep - they wake up. Put the dishes from the dishwasher up (even with their doors shut) - they wake up!
I think Daniel being around though has led to a more nurturing side of Jeremy coming out. When Daniel cries Jeremy says, "He wants his Mommy" or "Hurry Mommy! Daniel is crying!". We were coming back from Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw's pool the other day and Jeremy was fast asleep. He woke up when we got home as I was carrying him inside long enough to say, "Mommy, Don't forget Daniel!" and fell right back to sleep on my shoulder.
3 comments:
Daniel looks and acts like Laurina as a baby. Laurina didn't even cry when she got her baby shots. Perfect baby, perfect toddler, perfect in grade school, perfect in middle school, perfect in high school, perfect in college, perfect as a wife, perfect as a mother! I love you, Moma :)
If you pump each time after Daniel is done nursing, that will help increase your milk supply a bit. Also, you can try taking fenugreek capsules -- they worked for me. Some say that green tea helps as well.
Dani
Thanks Dani. I'm good though. I rather like not waking up with milk all over me (and the sheets). It's a nice change from the last time. Also I don't have to worry so much about plugged milk ducts and such. More more pleasant experience this time...
Post a Comment