
Laurina and I went to the gym today. Typically Laurina runs on a elliptical machine and I lift weights and run. We take Jeremy down to the "child watch" area at the YMCA which he loves. There are other kids and LOTS of toys. Today instead of lifting and riding a stationary bike I shot basketball. Laurina finished running and went down to child watch and got Jeremy. She then brought him into the basketball court (I was the only one in there). Jeremy was thoroughly excited to see all the balls laying around. Finally I coaxed him down to the end of the gym with low goals. I hopped up and dunked the low goal and asked Jeremy, "Can you do it?" He picked up that big 'ol basketball and walked over to the goal. I bent down to pick him and said, "Jump Jeremy!" He bent those short little legs and jumped as hard as he could. I lifted him up, up, up over my head... then he smiled and did that funny little laugh he does. You know the one I'm talking about. It's kind of low and guttural like a grunt, but its a laugh. He does anytime he thinks he's done something cool. Then he threw the ball in the hoop! It was fantastically fun for him and me. We did this for a solid fifteen minutes. Finally it was getting close to lunch time, so we had to leave and there was Jeremy standing in the middle of the gym making his more sign.
Needless to say, I love basketball and it was so much fun to see him enjoy some very small part of it. If he likes basketball growing up great, and if he doesn't that's great too. It sure was fun today playing hoops with my son!


6 comments:
It sure was fun watching too! I don't know who was smiling bigger, Daddy or Jeremy!
It won't be long till Jeremy will be taking Dad to the hoops. I'm guessing in about 8 years. What a lucky guy Jeremy is to have fantastic parents. Love Grandpa
i'm glad u guys had fun...next time make sure to have yr handy dandy camera...love always, aunt shell
Doug, If the engineering bit doesn't work out, you need to be a writer. I LOVE your stories. This one is right up there with my favorites. I LOVE you. Gammy
This story just tugged at my heart...I loved it!!!
Love, Maw-maw
These are the cutest pictures...really looks a lot like his daddy with a basketball in his hands.
Post a Comment