Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Happy Birthday to the Most Awesome 4-year-old Around!





































































Jeremy,

Where has the time gone? It seems like yesterday I was sitting on the couch talking to your great-Aunt-Michelle and great-Uncle-David when it was time for you to arrive! Everyone was so excited to meet you! You came out with the most spunk I have ever seen in a kid. I can remember countless hours spent bouncing you on the exercise ball after you were born. I also remember spending hours rocking you to sleep in our little rental house in Raleigh. I remember carting you back and forth to grad school while trying to finish my degree. I'm sure it wasn't the traditional approach to parenting, but you were a trooper! In your first year of life you probably heard more about dendrology, mammalogy, and entomology than any child should ever have to hear. You even got back stage tours of the zoo and got to trap (and mark) rats!

You blossomed into a brilliant, talkative little toddler and we were enamored by you. We moved to Charlotte where you have continued to grow into a loving preschooler. You are an awesome big brother and great friend. I love the way you read to your brother every night after Mommy leaves the room and I know you're so excited about Allie arriving. You're so thoughtful! We love to hear you say "Mommy, have I told you today that I love you?" or "Daddy, you made an excellent dinner!". We're so proud of the little man you are growing up to be.

Here's to you on your big number 4!

4 comments:

aunt shell said...

Happy 4th Birthday to Jeremy Bean...You are a very special great nephew...We love you so much and hope you get a baby sister for your birthday...Love always, Aunt Shell & Uncle David B.

Gammy said...

When I think of Jeremy, I think "Hey Gammy, and then he proceeds to talk about any and EVERY thing! He has a sensitive, caring, loving side and I LOVE that about him. He is our precious first grandson.

audrey said...

that blog brought tears to my eyes, happy birthday little man, what a sweet thoughtful talkative little grandson you are. i hope your day was awesome.

Candice said...

Love his little razor! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEREMY!

Candice {www.thebeautifulmess.com/blog}