So when Jeremy got this for his birthday, I was none-too-excited. Exactly HOW many pieces does it have?!?!? (The correct answer is about a million).
Well, boy was I surprised!!! Not only was it not messy - it kept him and me entertained for WAY longer than most crafts. My gripe about crafts is that you pull out a ton of stuff, they stay interested for about 3 minutes, and then you have to clean it all up!
Well, in this little box is a miracle. There are pieces of cardboard with shapes on them (below).
Then you punch out the little stickers in the kit and put the stickers in the correct spot on the animal (in this case a fish). I can see it helping with colors, shapes, and counting! Jeremy did the bird below and I would ask a question such as this "How many ORANGE squares do we need for the birds head?". He would count them, I would punch them out, and he would stick them on the bird. We made the bird for Maw-Maw's birthday present. Jeremy was so proud of his work. Now he wants to do one for himself. One thing is for sure - after we do crafts he NEVER asks to do another one right away because he gets bored to quickly. I was VERY pleasantly surprised after doing this craft. Great activity for a rainy day, or any other time you're bored. I can see it being perfect for about 2 and a half to 5-years-old (maybe older? I thought it was fun...).
So this is my message to whoever got this for Jeremy for his birthday (sorry I didn't notice, the presents were kind of a crazy time and they all got combined into one big pile): Thank You! I probably was thinking not so nice things in my head when I first saw the present, but I'm converted! I'm even planning on going out and buying another pack from Hobby Lobby (or Michaels or wherever I can find it!).
3 comments:
If you don't like doing crafts, you definitely hide it well. Every time I go to your house, I see the remnants of some new activity you've put together for the boys. When I don't like things, I don't do them :-).
well as a matter of fact grandma and pa found it at hobby lobby, i love that strore and have to go on monday so maybe i will get another pack, i almost kept it here for our craft supply. glad you liked it so much
Jeremy did such a great job making the bird for my birthday!!! Thanks
so much Jeremy, it was so sweet of you to give it to me. Thanks also, to grandma & pa, for such a unique gift, that Jeremy proudly made and shared with me:)
Love, Maw-maw
Post a Comment