Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Waiting Game

So we are playing the waiting game at the Sigmon house. I know I haven't been a good blogger lately. Things just don't seem blog worthy when you're waiting for something huge to happen.

We went to the hospital on Tuesday because I thought I was in labor. DUDE, I HATE it when that happens (when you're really not). Anyway - I thought my water had broke. Turns out when you have 3 children in less than four years - when you get to the end of your pregnancies your bladder control just isn't what it used to be. Wait, did I say that out loud? :)

That would have totally embarassed me about 4 years ago, but after multiple children, not much can anymore!!!!

I was 2cm dilated and having contractions every 2 - 4 minutes. I thought for sure after they told me that, that Allie was going to be born on Tuesday. In my past pregnancies, I didn't dialate until AFTER my water had broken and I went from 0 to 10 in no time.

My friend Amy told me she stayed at 2cm for 3 weeks and that girls are just different (she has 3 girls).

Quite frankly, we're all ready around here - just trying to wait patiently. I'm tired of heartburn and being a human pincushion mostly. I'm pretty bruised up from switching to Heparin a week and a half ago and the seatbelt sits conveniently right across all my bruising.

I'm trying to wait patiently and not complain because that certainly doesn't help any - but you just get to a point, ya know??

Consoling myself with the fact that any day now I'll have a precious new baby - and my body back!

Daniel still seems to be absolutely clueless that something (or someone rather) is about to totally rock his world, so it should be interesting.

Funny things Jeremy has said about Allie lately:

At Christmas:
"Does Allie have a bed in there (referring to my belly)?"

"Are you going to ride a donkey?" (referring to Jesus' birth story and Allie's birth)

"Will Allie be born in a stable?"

"Mommy, only God knows when Allie will come!"

I put his hand on my belly one time to feel her hiccups. After the second hiccup he looked at me and said, "Awwwww! I think she loves me!"

1 comment:

aunt shell said...

we are all waiting for baby allie to make her entrance...you never know she may just wait until the due date...i know you don't like that response...love always, aunt shell