Friday, March 20, 2009

The Inner Workings of a Three-Year-Olds Brain

The house is a disaster. But I'm taking this moment to blog anyway because 'O blog, how I have neglected you'.


Jeremy is such a big boy now. I feel like he can vocalize just about anything he thinks. So yesterday we were outside swinging. Jeremy said, "When I close my eyes, the sun turns red". Very interesting.

We've been working on our letters. It's amazing how when you've read for sooooooooooo long, you don't realize how similar some letters look. For example, 'Q' and 'O' are only different by a tiny little line. And 'J' and 'T' are only different because of the hook on the J!

So far the letters Jeremy has are, A-B-C-D-E-J-K-L-O-Q-R-T-X. We're working on Z and S. Not sure why 'S' is so difficult. I picked it out because it looks so different from the other letters we're learning. It's interesting how you think about letters when you're teaching them.

Here are some pictures of the boys getting ready for summer fun. This is Jeremy teaching Daniel how to look really excited in a picture. I think Daniel is a good student, don't you?








Doesn't the second picture remind you of this one of Jeremy?
Daniel is becoming a such a vocal little man. It just makes me bust into a smile every time I hear 'mama'. Of course he doesn't know that it's me yet, but still...

We're still doing the 'commando crawl'. No pulling up yet, but he can kind of stand at the crib rail for a while if you stand him up there. Unfortunately he doesn't realize he can't stand up by himself so when he let's go of the crib rail.............CRASH! Here's some pics of the little sneeker..








1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I just have to ask - don't you love your Dyson?

Yesterday Miriam told me, "Look Mommy! Your bottom is SO big!"

And then, just to make sure I heard her, she said it again.

I'm glad my children can tell me exactly what they are thinking...........Good job with the letters. My kids can't get G and V and J and L, although they always correctly identify the letter L as an upside down 7.