Monday, October 20, 2008

Things you Forget...



*Please note: Pictures removed

Some things you forget between the first and second baby:

1. How messy it is when they eat. Check out the stains on Daniel's new shirt (this was the first time he wore it). Did the stains come out? Of course not. I forgot to put spray and wash on them and accidently dried the shirt. Now I have to look at squash stains every other Friday when we go to MOPS. Ooops.

2. How long it takes them to sleep through the night. Daniel will be 5 months old on Saturday. He wakes up at midnight and 4 or 5 am every night. I haven't gotten 8 hours of sleep since I was four months pregnant. I think it's easier the second time around though...

3. How they can get you so off task. I could sit and watch Daniel smile for hours. One of the most relaxing things in the world for me is having my baby fall asleep in my arms and just sitting there with him for an hour.



One of Jeremy's new favorite things is movie night. We pull out the sofa bed (which Jeremy calls the 'big bed' even though it is much smaller than ours which he jumps on every day) and pop popcorn and watch a movie together. Ice Age was our movie of choice last Friday. Jeremy loved it.



Here's one of Daddy and Daniel's favorite past times....

3 comments:

Reminisce said...

Oh yeah, I was supposed to write this before one of the grandparents do:

Holding Daniel while he smiles and sleeps is not technically being 'off task'. My first job is to let my children know they are loved and that is what I'm doing. But while I'm doing this it's hard to wring out all the clothes in the washing machine because the spin cycle seems to be broken and then figure out how to get all the water out of the basin...

Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw said...

Super cute pictures! Looks like Daddy and Daniel are multitasking........ bonding, cuddling, and getting their sleep, too:)
Sorry about the washing machine, have you tried another spin cycle.
I had a washer one time, that the delicate cycle didn't work.
With the stain in Daniel's shirt, the best thing I have tried is Oxi-Clean Stain Remover. It comes in a powder. You make a paste and put on the stain, let it sit a little and then put it in the sink with hot water, adding more Oxi-Clean and let it soak.
Mmmmm....sorry, you didn't ask for advice:)
Love you all, Maw-maw

Gammy said...

Great shirts and great pics! Try a clorox bleach stick on the squash stains. They work amazingly! I LOVE the movie night on the big bed idea. We'll have to try that when he spends the night here. Love ya.