So I have finally found a way to get Jeremy to lay down without pitching a fit during nap times. He has got it in his head that a Winnie-the-Pooh sleeping bag we got from Aunt Liz is "Lily-Bell's bed". I'm not sure where this came from. Anyway, if he can sleep in 'Lily-Bell's bed' during his nap then he goes with relatively no fuss. Another bonus, I tell him that if I look in and he's up walking around the room then he has to go straight to his bed. For some reason he thinks this rule also applies to when he wakes up. He now stays in his room (LAYING DOWN) until I open the door around 2:30. It's FABULOUS! I highly recommend it to anyone having napping problems.
Daniel has been sleeping off shots all morning long. He has been awake for less than an hour and half all day long (seriously - no exageration). He got 6 immunizations yesterday but only two shots. Why couldn't they have learned to combine shots sooner? One of them was an oral one which he really didn't like. He weighs 17 pounds (more than half of his brothers weight) and I'm not sure how long he is, but he's in the 90th percentile. I could have told you that. This 4-month-old is wearing 9-12 month clothes. And they're almost too short. He's such a good-natured baby though. He wakes up to smile, then fusses a litte, then goes back to sleep.
I've been worried about my milk production lately so I went to this organic store in Gastonia to buy some Fenugreek (I'm not a big herb believer, but hey - if it works it's worth the 26 bucks I had to pay for 60 tablets). I'm playing with fire here though. I produced enough milk to be on one of those Food Lion free milk commercials for Jeremy (I would not be Gail the cow, I would be the other cows accusing her of not producing enough). I was constantly uncomfortable and engorged. I couldn't tell you how many plugged milk ducts I had. Daniel has been much more laid back and I haven't been in pain at all. However I only pumped 2 ounces the other day so I started to get paranoid. Especially because I'll be traveling a lot to see my grandma coming up soon and I want to be able to have some extra milk for my mom to bottle feed Daniel when I'm up. Anyway, back to the good part of the story. The name of the vitamin is "Lactate Support". Underneath that it says "Supports Healthy Lactation During the Breast Feeding Months". On the back under Suggested Use it says, "Not to be used during pregnancy or lactation". I kid you not. I called the company and apparently this is something they put on all their products. They forgot to change it on this particular lot when they switched from putting labels on another vitamin to these particular ones. Apparently they've gotten a lot of calls about it and are thankful that this particular lot is almost gone. Nice!
Finally I'm going to get me a shirt to wear to the McDonald's playlands. It will say something like this:
"If you refuse to watch your child in the Playland area and instead send them in to play alone while you order your food and eat in the regular dining room (WHEN YOU COULD BE EATING IN THE PLAYLAND AREA WHERE THEY HAVE TABLES), I reserve the right to discipline your child when he pushes my child to the ground and then stands on him.
Consequence 1: Your child will get an angry Mommy Glare and he will be told "Do not do that again young man".
Consequence 2 (when your child continues to push my child to the floor): I will pull your child aside and put him in time out. Expect me to come and hunt you down in your quiet peaceful mealtime bliss NOT IN THE MCDONALDS PLAYLAND at this point.
Consequence 3 (When your obvious little brat deliberately disobeys to find out if this crazy lady is serious): I will punt your child across the McDonalds playland.
Don't expect to sue me. I warned you on my shirt. Which you clearly had time to read because you were not watching your children in the playland as they tortured my little angel.
:)
Hmmmm, maybe my patience has worn a little then today. Oh well, I know you're perfect but I am definately not.
PS - Mom, we went to McDonalds in underwear today and had no accidents. WOOOHOOO!
3 comments:
Please bring Lily-bells bed next time you come home. To think I had the secret all along and didn't know it. I've been geering up to ask permission to sleep with Jeremy during his next visit, maybe I won't have to do that. :)
I've never met the version of you that would punt a kid across the McDonald's play area. You must introduce me to her. I think I'd like her :-).
i know u wud never get illin at another kid...haha...we all have our days...i know sometimes the slightest thg will mess us up...love always, aunt shell
Post a Comment